PDA

View Full Version : Hi Def Auto Detail Featured on FOX News

Pages : [1] 2

HiDefDetailer
10-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Hi Guys,
My shop, Hi Def Auto Detail was recently featured on FOX NEWS and I wanted to share the video clip with you.

I'm not posting this because I want to boast; more so to encourage everyone to preserver through these tough times and MAKE your dreams a reality.

I started my business in 2007 as a "side gig" to my career in advertising and to continue to do something my grandfather taught me as a kid. In 2009 my side job became my only job. Since then I have grown my business to include a full-service shop, 3 on-site locations and a line of detailing products.

If you believe in what you do and aren't afraid to ask for what you're worth - you can make it in the detailing business. I don't make the same kind of money I did when I worked in advertising but I can say that I am more happy as an entrepreneur.

Check out the video and if I can help you in anyway PM me.

Recession Resiliency: High Def Detail (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/money/101411-recession-resiliency%3A-high-def-detail)

Drive In Hi Definition - Cam

tw33k2514
10-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Congrats man! It is really great to see how much you enjoy what you are doing. Very inspirational indeed.

mg6045
10-15-2011, 06:08 AM
great post !

BillE
10-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Well done Sir!

Congrats...

Bill

eboose7
10-15-2011, 07:05 AM
It was a thrill and a pleasure to see the video clip highlighting your detailing business. It just shows you can achieve anything, if you put your mind to the task. I know we shall be hearing much more about you.

DaC
10-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Really nice story you got there sir! congratulations!

cutter
10-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Cam, that's great!!!! The enthusiasm you put forth in your business is paying off!!! I have enjoyed the product samples you sent me. The Waterless Wash does a great job and the Whip Juice is awesome!! I have 2 other samples I haven't tried, I think one is a wax and the other may be a polish, I can't identiffy one from the other.

Good Luck and Continued Success to you!!!:props:

Bobby B.
10-15-2011, 08:39 AM
That's awesome Cam. Keep up the great work and stay positive.

Derrick
10-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Check out the video and if I can help you in anyway PM me.
Recession Resiliency: High Def Detail (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/money/101411-recession-resiliency%3A-high-def-detail)
Drive In Hi Definition - Cam

Cameron,
Have you gotten lots of business from that video AND have you raised your prices because of it yet?

Derrick

david79z28
10-15-2011, 09:00 AM
That's awesome!!!

I bet you don't really feel like you are going to a job everyday...

Glad to see you did something with your talent.

C. Charles Hahn
10-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Cameron, that is awesome! Love your shop, very professional presentation. It's easy to tell you were in advertising.

Mike Phillips
10-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Great interview!

I would strongly agree with one of the main points stressed in your interview and that's about having a sincere passion for what you do... if you have the passion for your job, whatever it is, it shows through to the people around you... and it helps to create trust and that's key to getting and keeping new customers.

Here's something I wrote on this topic a little over a year ago...

Do you want to have a career in the car industry? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27130-do-you-want-have-career-car-industry.html)

Congratulations on your success!

:xyxthumbs:

LuxuryMobile
10-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Great story Cameron.

Thanks for sharing with us. Keep it the hard work.

alko
10-15-2011, 09:34 AM
This is very inspirational! Congrats and keep up the good work. I won't be surprised if/when I see a shop pop up in the DC/MD/VA area. God bless!

LegacyGT
10-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Not sure if that was your first post here, but if it was, that has got to be one of the best first posts ever!

Cameron - Really cool story, sounds like you are working hard and very happy with your new venture. :props:

Do you have any tips to share with others trying to get started in a market, seeing as you have quite the advertising background?