PDA

View Full Version : Presta and VOC

TundraPower
10-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Two questions:

1. What does VOC compliant mean?
2. Does anyone have any experience with Presta products? Opinions?

Tundra

catfish07
10-14-2011, 10:33 PM
I've used Presta supercut on gelcoat before.. pretty rude compound. It tore through some nasty oxidation.. not for the weak hearted. Or women who think they may be pregnant. :-)

JonMiles
10-14-2011, 11:13 PM
VOC stands for volatile organic compound. This can be any organic compound that is volatile; gasoline, toluene, mineral spirits, ethanol, benzene, kerosene etc etc etc. There are tons of VOC's so i'm not going to list all of them. In order to be considered VOC compliant, a product must have less a certain amount of VOC's in its formulation (not sure on the exact percentage).

Never used Presta, so someone else will need to comment on that.

TundraPower
10-15-2011, 06:27 PM
VOC stands for volatile organic compound. This can be any organic compound that is volatile; gasoline, toluene, mineral spirits, ethanol, benzene, kerosene etc etc etc. There are tons of VOC's so i'm not going to list all of them. In order to be considered VOC compliant, a product must have less a certain amount of VOC's in its formulation (not sure on the exact percentage).Never used Presta, so someone else will need to comment on that.

Hey I really appreciate your response. Now I know what that means. I'll try to keep it away from my wife when she's pregnant. Thanks again.

Tundra

richy
10-17-2011, 07:45 PM
My favourite Presta product is their UCCL (Ultra Cutting Creme Light). It is a bit heavier than 205 for cut but finishes down really well.