PDA

View Full Version : Help with purchase ideas.

Excessive Detail
02-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey guyz, I'm about to make a purchase from AG and I wanted to get some input.
1. Is the p21s body shampoo worth buying?
2. I know that s100 wax is basically the same as p21s wax, but is the s100 prewax cleaner the sam as the p21s prewax cleaner, I"ve heard that the p21s stuff is one of the best?
3. DP 4 in 1, I hear a lot of people use this for clay lube, is safe for all clay bars, I had a clay bar fall apart onme cause I used the wrong stuff?
4. Finally, what Duragloss products do you guyz like, has anyone tried the past wax?

Thanks Alot.

Surfer
02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
1) Don't know

2) Don't know about the prewax cleaner but I have some S100 and gave it to my biz partner to use. Didn't really care for it, goes on and off easy but it just looks like a normal wax if that makes sende, doesn't have the characteristics that Souveran, Nattys Blue, CG5050 etc have that give great depth/wettness and glow. Very poor durability as well. I grabbed it cheap at a motorcycle dealer, they had a kit there as well with a few other items that I didn't buy.

3) Not sure, I know others use it for lube

4) Paste Wax is pry their one product that doesn't get good reviews. Aqua Wax is excellent and I got about 1 1/2 months of beading on just a single layer to test on one of our cars, works on glass, wheels etc, smells like Bacardi lol. I stripped down though to apply Collinite 915 but the beading was still going strong at that mark so it could have lasted longer. Their wash (901) is excellent and as good as my Poorboys SSS. 921 FC&S qd'er is a top notch qd'er. Their Dressing (201) is excellent as well for trim, leather, vinyl etc. Heard good stuff on the metal polish but I don't have it. Their 105 Sealant gets great reviews, the older one (111) has a sorta plasticky look to it.

06CivicSi
02-12-2007, 07:56 PM
only one out of those i have used is a DG product... AQUAWAX!!! great stuff... get a gallon because you will be wanting more.

Truls
02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I like what i have from the P21s line (wheel cleaner, total auto wash and carnauba wax) So i would not have any problems myself buying the body shampo

The DG 101 is insane (WET look) and the 105 gives great protection, DG AW is also a great product. I would have no problem recomending all three above (just dont use a lot when applying) The paste wax has some bad reputation but i havent tryed it (sparkie tryed it)

Jimmie
02-12-2007, 08:29 PM
If that's your white car in your Avatar then you want Sparkie or Al to respond. They have a really good game plan for white with all Duragloss products. They use DG901 wash; DG101; DG105; and AW. They said that DG products work together well. I've got the DG901 Wash (smells like cherries), and AW. Thumbs up to both.

sparkie
02-13-2007, 05:41 AM
1) Don't know

2) Don't know about the prewax cleaner but I have some S100 and gave it to my biz partner to use. Didn't really care for it, goes on and off easy but it just looks like a normal wax if that makes sende, doesn't have the characteristics that Souveran, Nattys Blue, CG5050 etc have that give great depth/wettness and glow. Very poor durability as well. I grabbed it cheap at a motorcycle dealer, they had a kit there as well with a few other items that I didn't buy.

3) Not sure, I know others use it for lube

4) Paste Wax is pry their one product that doesn't get good reviews. Aqua Wax is excellent and I got about 1 1/2 months of beading on just a single layer to test on one of our cars, works on glass, wheels etc, smells like Bacardi lol. I stripped down though to apply Collinite 915 but the beading was still going strong at that mark so it could have lasted longer. Their wash (901) is excellent and as good as my Poorboys SSS. 921 FC&S qd'er is a top notch qd'er. Their Dressing (201) is excellent as well for trim, leather, vinyl etc. Heard good stuff on the metal polish but I don't have it. Their 105 Sealant gets great reviews, the older one (111) has a sorta plasticky look to it.
:iagree: with Surfer. Aquawax rocks!

dengood1
02-13-2007, 07:10 AM
#4 is the only one I can answer.
Duragloss: I've seen great reviews on the polishes, their paste wax is not paste and has gotten poor reviews, dressing is great, Aquawax is awesome, and their shampoo has received great reviews. Wait for Sparkie and Al to respond.....they're the gurus;)

supercharged
02-13-2007, 10:10 AM
1. Is the p21s body shampoo worth buying?
It's kinda week, needs better cleaning power (personally never used it, but have asked Scott (Killrwheels about it).
2. I know that s100 wax is basically the same as p21s wax, but is the s100 prewax cleaner the sam as the p21s prewax cleaner, I"ve heard that the p21s stuff is one of the best?
Never used neither one, but I think S100 is fomulated more for motorcycle paint. P21S however is like Pinnacle (one of the best), form what I've heard.
3. DP 4 in 1, I hear a lot of people use this for clay lube, is safe for all clay bars, I had a clay bar fall apart on me cause I used the wrong stuff?
I used it before as a clay lube, and would not recommend it, because I like slicker lube (Pinnacle clay lube is the best for that, DP will be another good choice); as far as your clay bar falling apart it might be from age.
4. Finally, what Duragloss products do you guyz like, has anyone tried the paste wax?
Sparkie tired his, I still did not try mine yet, and he mentioned that that's one Duragloss product he was dissaponted with. PITA to remove.
I'd rather go with Duragloss #105.

Hope this helps.