PDA

View Full Version : Metro vac worth it for amateur?

flyinion
10-14-2011, 03:03 PM
What do you guys think? I only ever detail my car and the GF's and very rarely another family member's vehicle. I have a Dyson vacuum that works pretty well for vacuuming but of course it can't be used as a blower to blow off water after washing.

Mike Phillips
10-14-2011, 03:30 PM
The Vac-N-Blow is a a real handy vacuum to have simply for the two things you want to do most of the time when detailing your car, either extract something or move something, (dust/water).

The small size makes it handy too for storage or lugging around. I keep one out in the studio and use it all the time.

:xyxthumbs:

CEE DOG
10-14-2011, 04:14 PM
If you already have a stain that works great for you then I'm not sure you need it...

Not quite the same as the one i think you are talking about as this is the full size but here's my review on the full size in case you haven't seen it.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/40879-review-metro-full-size-vac-n-blo-4-0-hp-vacuum.html

Like Mike said, I love mine but since you are good in the vac department. You might consider the Master Blaster.

Here's a review on the Master Blaster which I think you did see but I'll post it here for others. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/36412-review-metro-master-blaster.html

flyinion
10-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks. Yeah I ran across the blaster after I posted this. Sounds like the Vac & Blo is not as good in the blowing department as I would hope for, and the MB is way out of the price range I'd be looking for, so maybe I'll just stick with the Dyson and maybe pick up their car kit. Then keep using MF's to dry.

Zedhead07
10-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Head over to the Box depot and pick up an electric leaf blower. I have a Weed Eater brand for bout $45 and use it all the time on the Z. Works pretty good.

Jons6.7
10-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Head over to the Box depot and pick up an electric leaf blower. I have a Weed Eater brand for bout $45 and use it all the time on the Z. Works pretty good.

:iagree: I think I will grab the cordless one for even less things to worry about.

flyinion
10-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah I thought about that. If I can find one that's easy enough to store (garage is cramped for space) I might do that. Cars is probably about the only thing it would get used for. The landlord has a gardener come for the front and the rear is patio with some planters around the edge so I wouldn't get a whole lot of non-car use out of it for a while.

sahrcar
10-14-2011, 06:15 PM
I bought a Craftsman 16 gal wet dry shop vac with 240+ blower off of Ebay for only $60 brand new. Switch didnt work on it but since its a craftsman I took it to sears and they gave me a brand new one right off of the shelf. Thats what I use to extract when I clean the carpets during a detail. But I do also have the Metro Vac N Blo and it does really have a powerful blower to it. I use the blower feature on that more than I do on my Craftsman shop vac even when Im outside doing yard work. You just have to remove the back side that contains the garbage picker upper bag and then its performance will truly live up to all the hype the company portrays it to be. Just blow away from the car at first since a few pieces of debris may still be lodged inside from vaccumming.

Scarelane
10-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I have the smaller size 4.0hp model and it works well. But the one I have is too small to dry an entire car. Normally I dry the car with an Absorber and a waffle weave towel. Then I go over all of the trim, emblems, mirrors and wheels/tires with the blower. Finds lots of extra water for sure!!

:props:

Jokeman
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
I have a Vac N Blo. I hated keeping a wet vac in my one car garage. This thing is perfect, I can tuck it away in a corner of my garage. It is also more powerful than my wetvac.