PDA

View Full Version : How do you imply interior dressing?

5Toes
10-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Do you use a foam applicator? Or just spray onto the surface and buff with a microfiber?

Any other ways?

Bacon
10-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Each is different; you just need to read the directions of the specific bottle. In general I think its easier and neater to apply to microfiber/applicator first.

:xyxthumbs:

Bacon

5Toes
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Oops.. title should be "apply"

Kristopher1129
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
I use the Tornador for all interior dressing. Makes life easy if you ask me.

LuxuryMobile
10-13-2011, 09:28 PM
I fold a micro into a small square. Spray the micro a few times to get the towel damp. Then add a spray or two for each panel. Flip towel over to dry side and buff off any extra unwanted gloss.

fredcandetail
10-13-2011, 09:37 PM
I fold a micro into a small square. Spray the micro a few times to get the towel damp. Then add a spray or two for each panel. Flip towel over to dry side and buff off any extra unwanted gloss.

I used to do the same thing but I noticed that they would contaminate other towels in the wash and they wouldn't rinse clean and would always keep some reisdue

LuxuryMobile
10-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Never had that issue of them not rinsing clean.

A four door sedan for me means only about 15 sprays on the microfiber so they never really seem too saturated. If that did start happening, it would be enough for me to change how I apply interior product though.

5Toes
10-13-2011, 10:08 PM
What products are you using?

I am looking to buy some poorboy's natural look

fredcandetail
10-13-2011, 10:11 PM
I'll tell you right now that also these protectants are essentially built along the same formulas... For the best adhesion prep the surface well with a good APC and soft brush and then apply the first coat.. If it's to shiny you can buff it Down to your liking

fredcandetail
10-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Btw M40 is the shiznit! It makes the black matte plastics look new again

ShaunD
10-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I usually only use 303 for int pro. I will usually spray it were I want it then wipe off excess with mf. Otherwise I will apply it to a mf app sponge especially if I am applying it close to fabric or glass. What is really nice with 303 is that it cleans off glass easily and leave no streaky film on it if wipes off with a clean mf. If I am applying dressing to anything that I want to be saturated with the dressing to help refurbish/recondition the surface I will use a foam applicator to spread it evenly across the surface and let it dry.

5Toes
10-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Foam applicator seems like a good idea IMO

Like in this video

PoorBoys - Natural Look - YouTube