PDA

View Full Version : Griot's waterless spray-on car wash

Capa1970
10-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone has used this product and what they thought of it.

longdx
10-13-2011, 06:45 PM
I bought the kit 35 oz bottle and gallon refill with 3 MF cloths. I have not used it yet as I am trying to finish my DP waterless wash first. If it is like anything else from Griots, it should work well and be user friendly.

Capa1970
10-13-2011, 06:47 PM
I bought the kit 35 oz bottle and gallon refill with 3 MF cloths. I have not used it yet as I am trying to finish my DP waterless wash first. If it is like anything else from Griots, it should work well and be user friendly.

Exactly the reason why I am considering it---the well priced kit. I know that ONR is huge on this site but just wondering how this compares to other products.

Old Tiger
10-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Not what you asked but Ultima WW concentrate costs $22 for 16 oz. and makes 5.5 gallons of the best WW I have used.

Capa1970
10-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Would autogeek match the free shipping with no minimum?

Also, I only detail my personal cars and once in a blue moon a friend's. That stuff would probably go bad because it would take me 7 years or so to go through it all.

Old Tiger
10-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Would autogeek match the free shipping with no minimum?

Also, I only detail my personal cars and once in a blue moon a friend's. That stuff would probably go bad because it would take me 7 years or so to go through it all.
You need to use WW very liberally IME. I use a 2 gallon garden sprayer and add 6 oz of UWW+ to 2 gallons distilled water. I use at least a quart on the Ford. Use a plush MF to wipe off and a second one to dry.

zkeeper
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Use the Griots Spray on Wash all the time...and it works. Its inexpensive when purchased by gallon and lasts. Did it today in fact after messy rain here...and love it. Now if the surface is dried and has full grunge on it, of course you ought to consider not using a waterless system...but for all normal use, its great. I do use GG's super fluffy green MF's and they are well, super. With three cars around here, and fourth at times, we use it lot. :props:

Capa1970
10-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Use the Griots Spray on Wash all the time...and it works. Its inexpensive when purchased by gallon and lasts. Did it today in fact after messy rain here...and love it. Now if the surface is dried and has full grunge on it, of course you ought to consider not using a waterless system...but for all normal use, its great. I do use GG's super fluffy green MF's and they are well, super. With three cars around here, and fourth at times, we use it lot. :props:

Thanks for the review. For the last month and a half I've started to just wash my car with Meguiars quick detailer and love the time saved from using a traditional wash. This winter the traditional car wash will be out the window and this deal is really good. I wonder how Griots spray-on car wash compares to their QD?

01GreyStangGT
10-13-2011, 10:01 PM
I have been using and it and their towels in the kit work very well.

BorisC
10-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Use it all the time. Works fine. I got the DP on BOGO so I'll be trying that next.

Capa1970
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Well I ordered it from Griots. It was hard to resist the 3 microfiber towels that they were throwing in for free as well as the free 35oz Speedshine QD.