PDA

View Full Version : DP Wheel Glaze?

Pages : [1] 2

courtdale
10-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Per my other post, I have a new set of BMW rims that I love and want to protect them the best I can from all of that evil german brake dust. I know Opti-Coat was the hands down favorite suggested, but can DP's Wheel glaze serve as an effictive (albeit more temporary) substitute?? I ask because I am a total slave to roll backs and BOGO's :).

That is a product that would suit my immidiate needs (also need a tire product), but that won't stop me from addressing a "want" as well. So the 2nd question is - If you had to pick just one DP product for your arsenal, what would it be?? I'm inexperienced with their line so suggest away.

alko
10-13-2011, 11:44 AM
The DP Wheel Glaze is effective for about two weeks tops. I like it but I am going to try Prima Wheel Armour next. Someone posted some pics of their rims protected with this stuff. I've never seen rims bead like that before.

Prima Wheel Armour, wheel protectant, wheel sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-wheel-armour.html)

Setec Astronomy
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't know what the paint is like on those wheels...if it's good in the barrels then you can get by with a sealant. If it's just "fogged" in there, like some of my wheels, then the brake dust is going to eat thru the sealant and paint and etch the aluminum.

embolism
10-13-2011, 11:49 AM
did you see the post about using ksg diluted @ 10:1?

I have the wheel glaze but usually just reach for the 845

daves120
10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
I will second the 845. I have a jar of the DP wheel glaze but do not use it anymore. PM me and I will send you a sample if you want to try it.

alko
10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
did you see the post about using ksg diluted @ 10:1?

I have the wheel glaze but usually just reach for the 845

I was going to test 915 on a spot on my rim to see if it would work.

courtdale
10-13-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't know what the paint is like on those wheels...if it's good in the barrels then you can get by with a sealant. If it's just "fogged" in there, like some of my wheels, then the brake dust is going to eat thru the sealant and paint and etch the aluminum.

I'll check that out when I get home. Sounds like if that is the case, it might benefit from a light spray of Wurth's CCoat in the well?

BMW
10-13-2011, 12:28 PM
If you are looking for short term: Armor All Wheel Protectant is quite effective...usually last 2-4 weeks depending on how much rain, etc... And can just be sprayed right on.

It is very effective on BMW wheels...which are the kings of collecting break dust...

Old Tiger
10-13-2011, 06:50 PM
The DP Wheel Glaze is effective for about two weeks tops. I like it but I am going to try Prima Wheel Armour next. Someone posted some pics of their rims protected with this stuff. I've never seen rims bead like that before.

Prima Wheel Armour, wheel protectant, wheel sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-wheel-armour.html)

I will second the 845. I have a jar of the DP wheel glaze but do not use it anymore. PM me and I will send you a sample if you want to try it.
I dont like this product either. You guys didnt add that it is a PITA too.

Dr Oldz
10-13-2011, 07:03 PM
I have some and will send it to you if you just pay shipping of perhaps want to trade. But honestly, I am not fond of it at all. You would be better off with something like 845 or UTTG for your wheels.

supafamous
10-13-2011, 08:12 PM
I used 845 as well for my wheels at the recommendation of the folks here and it's great. Very happy with the results.

alko
10-13-2011, 08:16 PM
I dont like this product either. You guys didnt add that it is a PITA too.

When I applied it with the MF glove it was a PITA to remove...but when I used a foam applicator pad it wasn't too bad. Its ok...I want something else when I'm done with this jar.

Jenn1270
10-13-2011, 08:24 PM
I like plain ol' opti-seal. It is easy to use and quite durable

Old Tiger
10-13-2011, 08:27 PM
I have some and will send it to you if you just pay shipping of perhaps want to trade. But honestly, I am not fond of it at all. You would be better off with something like 845 or UTTG for your wheels.
The WG ETS is comparable to UTTG and is on BOGO until tomorrow. I think Jim and the others have said it all about DP WG. It is the worst PBMA product I ever bought. I gave mine away a couple years ago. I used to use DG 105 over DG 601 until I got a Wheel Armor coating not sold here. I use a nano spray to top once a month.

Kristopher1129
10-13-2011, 09:09 PM
I haven't used the Wheel Glaze for my own personal vehicle. But, I've used it many times for customers...and they swear by it, and ask for it by name. So, I guess it works, ha.

But honestly, I can't imagine it being much different than applying any old wax, or sealant to your rims. The wheel glaze just seems to me to be a lot like a hard wax.