PDA

View Full Version : QD Questions

Excessive Detail
02-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey guyz, here is a quick questio. I seem to get a lot of breake dust, not sure if its more than others, or just cause my cars white, anyway, I was wondering if I should or could use a duster to get the majority of the dust off first, and if so what is the best duster to go with, I've used the californa duster before. Thanks

noname5
02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Personally, I wouldn't use a duster or QD or anything other than just "regular" dust that happens from sitting in a garage, for example. The problem with brake dust is that its comprised of metallic particles... if you're not careful its just asking for marring.

Is it a really big problem for you? Because ideally, I think it'd be best if you just did some type of weekly wash. Hopefully more people can chime in on this.

Surfer
02-12-2007, 05:17 PM
B/C of the angle of a wheel I think it will be hard to use a duster without rubbing/pressing harder and getting parafin wax on the wheel. What I do is clean the wheels then use some AIO and maybe top with some AW or EX-P whatever (even AIO by itself is fine) and there's less brake dust sticking and the brakedust that does stay on the wheel easily washes off now with just a spray fro ma hose.

Plus like above the duster could rub those particles and mar, their basically fragment metal shavings.

ScottB
02-12-2007, 05:51 PM
why not change it at the source and upgrade to ceramic brake pads ???

Excessive Detail
02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh, I guess I mis lead you guyz, I was talking about using it on the paint, not the wheels, I get a lot of brake dust on my paint.

Excessive Detail
02-12-2007, 06:11 PM
why not change it at the source and upgrade to ceramic brake pads ???

Just put ceramics on the front, Napa Gold rotors and pads, stop great, saved my ass a few times. I need to do the back, but they are still somewhat good.