PDA

View Full Version : Poor Man's Corvette - 1973 Opel GT on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage - Cyclo Polisher

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Flash Gordon
10-13-2011, 07:38 PM
These are some of the coolest cars ever!!!

Mike Phillips
10-14-2011, 07:39 AM
When I was in SoCal there was a guy that ran around in an Opel GT with a big block in it... not sure how he did it but it was always an attention getter everywhere he took it...

:)

CEE DOG
10-14-2011, 07:41 AM
When I was in SoCal there was a guy that ran around in an Opel GT with a big block in it... not sure how he did it but it was always an attention getter everywhere he took it...

That's awesome Im the MAN

Mike Phillips
10-14-2011, 07:50 AM
That's awesome Im the MAN

I remember the car had wheelie bars... probably used them too...

:D

opie_7afe
11-12-2011, 07:28 PM
when is the video for this one going to be up on the my classic car webpage? do you know mike? im sure others are wondering also..

Mike Phillips
11-12-2011, 09:15 PM
when is the video for this one going to be up on the my classic car webpage? do you know mike? im sure others are wondering also..

Off hand I'm not sure... will have to check...

opie_7afe
11-13-2011, 01:58 PM
thank you for checking for me and others, no rush! was just wondering as it looks like a cool car id like to watch more about. thanks again mike!

SkateForGirl
12-28-2011, 05:10 PM
This is such a cool looking car with an interesting color. I'd love to see when this is done.

Mike Phillips
12-28-2011, 05:17 PM
thank you for checking for me and others, no rush! was just wondering as it looks like a cool car id like to watch more about. thanks again mike!

Still no confirmed dates except for sometime in the first quarter of 2012. When everyone gets back from the holidays I should get an e-mail with a schedule for the 4 new segments.

This is such a cool looking car with an interesting color. I'd love to see when this is done.

Me too... last I heard Dennis and his son were going to finish the car and we left them everything they need to do the job. I recommended Chris Dasher aka PorscheGuy997 and gave Sheila all his contact information in case they find it too time consuming or they're too busy.

I have an Opel GT scheduled for our show here,

Sam Memmolo and Dave Bowman - TV Shoot - Monday, January 9th at Autogeek.net (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/what-s-garage/44582-sam-memmolo-dave-bowman-tv-shoot-monday-january-9th-autogeek-net.html)

:xyxthumbs:

opie_7afe
01-02-2012, 09:02 PM
thanks for the update mike its appriciated, and AG is a good company for leaving all thats needed to bring the paint back to beautiful. also great that you gave a referral to a cool AG member! and that is why i stay on AG

Mike Phillips
01-02-2012, 10:10 PM
thanks for the update mike its appreciated, and AG is a good company for leaving all thats needed to bring the paint back to beautiful.

I offered to stay late, after the shoot and buff out the entire car but was very graciously turned down as we all we're going out to a dinner that night.

also great that you gave a referral to a cool AG member! and that is why i stay on AG

I do my best to refer others to forum members that have a proven track recored of professional work along with professional conduct. Getting into the doors of the studio to buff out one of Dennis's cars is a long shot, especially since he and his son already do some of this kind of maintenance. I also know they are very busy so I did my best and gave my strongest endorsement both in person, e-mail and even over the phone on a related topic.

Mike Phillips
01-02-2012, 10:13 PM
On a related topic, we'll have a 1972 Opel GT on our TV show with a Miata engine conversion.

I've met the owner a couple of times and he's pretty cool. I spoke with Sam Memmolo about this car today and he told me when they came out he worked on them all the time as a part of his business.

In about 2-3 minutes he told me more than I could remember about the motor, running gear and tidbits about the car itself.

Sam will be here next Monday and here's the Opel he and I will be sharing on the second season of What's in the Garage.

Bob's 1972 Opel GT with a Miata Engine
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1325/2Gweeds030.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

ProMoDe
01-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Mike, what pads did you use with the cyclo?

Mike Phillips
01-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Mike, what pads did you use with the cyclo?

I'm pretty sure we used the orange cutting pads.

ProMoDe
01-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Ok, thanks. They just look really compressed and thin in the picture. Cyclo polisher is not talked about too often and I've been using the cyclo for about 6 months and didn't want to miss out if you were using something other than the cyclo pads. Flex 3401 should be here Thursday!