PDA

View Full Version : Stains in carpets..Setting customer expectation upfront

fredcandetail
10-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Got to thinking about this as I saw Joe's video and thought the interior was improved but not completely restored... Again significantly improved but not like new again..but props stillmgo out.
Personally I tell clients that when their stains sit for too long they sometimes permanently change the color of the nylon carpet pile and while cleaning cleans it they sometimes stay stained as a result of the stain changing the nylon pile a different color.
How do you guys break it to em when stains just don't come out?

tw33k2514
10-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Pretty much do the same. I explain before hand that stains may or may not come out. I also try to ask what stained the area, and that usually gives me an answer as far as if it is going to come out or not.

Ryan R
10-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Learn how to mix and match carpet dyes?
That's something I want to do. I did work for this used car dealer and the one guy there would mix up colors and dye any stains after I shampooed them.
He made it look so easy but I'm sure it's not.

So what I tell people
Is "oh I've seen that stain before and the only way is to dye it. But unfortunately I don't have the product nor the know how to do so"

Now if I can learn how to do it I can offer it and bring in some more money :)

ThirdgenTa
10-12-2011, 11:52 PM
I just tell them I will do my best, but it may be permanant.

Mobile detail
10-13-2011, 01:00 AM
I just tell them I will do my best, but it may be permanant.

:props::iagree:

fredcandetail
10-13-2011, 07:38 AM
I used to mix and match colors as well but now I use a spray (kindaime spray paint) method... The only problem is there are so many dang shades of browns and grays it can be a pain... They are all color coded so it's easy BUT if the overall carpet is faded and you reintroduce the original color it's darker so I tend to find the right color and then find the color/shade before that one
I agree that telling them that you will do is your best is the way to go but if you've done thousands of cars you will meet Mr. I Want it Looking New No Matter What...lol

ALLN1WASH
10-13-2011, 07:58 AM
I actually just purchased my first round of carpet dyes. I've been playing around with them on my personal vehicles and have been able to cover/hide stains with great results.

I've have two interior details this weekend, and one just so happens to be a "soccer mom's" van... I'm pretty sure I'll be doing some dying.....

SeaJay's
10-13-2011, 08:23 AM
I always just tell them I will do my best to remove them but sometimes not all the stains will come out. Haven't had an issue with it yet.