PDA

View Full Version : Megs Ultimate Black Plastic Restored: Semi Review

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dr Oldz
10-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I was playing around with some pretty faded plastic trim today and decided to give this product a try. The trim was faded badly and my current trim products(UTTG and WNTS) would not give the darkening effect that was needed.
Application is rather simple. I applied with a yellow foam applicator then waited about 2 min and removed excess with a MF. Consistancy is somewhat of a cream yet spreads very nicely. Two applications were used on this specific piece. I like the fact that it dries and doesn't leave a greasy film or residue behind. In 5 min, the trim was totally dry. I can not yet comment on durability but I think it should last a while because it dries.

Note: Keep off of paint as it is very hard to remove once dried. (I hadda try a test area just to see)

Enjoy the pic

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/MUBR.JPG

Here is the product link:

Meguiars Ultimate Black, trim restorer, trim protectant, plastic restorer (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ultimate-black.html)

I was super impressed how it brought this piece back to a factory new look. Definately a great restore product and perhaps a very good overall trim product if durability turns out to be decent, especially for the price.

BobbyG
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Jim,

Those results are more then amazing!

Looking at the before and after is like night and day. Durability is always a consideration and I'm looking forward to hearing more as the time passes...

Nice review Jim! :props:

Dr Oldz
10-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Jim,

Those results are more then amazing!

Looking at the before and after is like night and day. Durability is always a consideration and I'm looking forward to hearing more as the time passes...

Nice review Jim! :props:

Thanks Bobby! How are you doing? I hope all is well buddy!

dad07
10-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Jim the results look amazing...please keep us posted on durability and weather it can handle water (as rain, washing,etc) without running.

Harleyguy
10-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Jim looks like another winner great job Buddy .

RTexasF
10-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Quite impressive! Thanks for sharing that.....I hadn't even heard of the product.

Robert_Conklin
10-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I have used this product for about a year now, and it lasts roughly 1.5 to 2 months depending on weather conditions. It is wonderful stuff. The only problem I have found, is when it rains, you can see the run marks from the water. Especially on verticle trim pieces. Just a quick wipe with an MF and your good to go though. I have found all ogre Megs products to be of the highest quality for the price.

Scarelane
10-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Looks good! I have some, but haven't tried it out yet.

chevchenko
10-11-2011, 09:27 PM
I cannot find this product. I am interested. I would also like to find something that actually stains plastic black. Also something that will get wax residue completely off of black plastic.

CEE DOG
10-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the review Doc!
Looking very nice

tw33k2514
10-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Looks like nice stuff. I have the Megs ultimate protectant right now, which does darken a little. I may actually have to try ultimate black.

Marc08EX
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Very nice review Jim! I love this product but I find the durability quite lacking. You can see some waterspots on the next wash. I'm curious if you're experiencing the same thing.

Belair
10-12-2011, 12:15 AM
...I would also like to find something that actually stains plastic black. Also something that will get wax residue completely off of black plastic.

Do a search on both these topics, they've been discussed many times.

BillE
10-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Looks like nice stuff. I have the Megs ultimate protectant right now, which does darken a little. I may actually have to try ultimate black.

They are the same...only a name change last year (this from MOL)

Bill

sal329
10-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Will be looking forward to the durability, the darkening looks gerat so far.