PDA

View Full Version : 24-48 hour sealant cure time

Ryan R
10-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Doesn't this seem like overkill? Lol
I have a sealant from another company...about half a gallon left. I have no complaints with it's application or longevity but I can't wait to use it up and pick some Wolfgang Deep Gloss and Black Fire after seeing so many pictures of other members cars

Rsurfer
10-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I have a sealant from another company...about half a gallon left. I have no complaints with it's application or longevity but I can't wait to use it up and pick some Wolfgang Deep Gloss and Black Fire after seeing so many pictures of other members cars
Half a gallon of sealant is a lot. Don't be in a rush to use this sealant up as the final results will depend on your prep.:buffing:

Ryan R
10-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Half a gallon of sealant is a lot. Don't be in a rush to use this sealant up as the final results will depend on your prep.:buffing:

Yea exactly. I can't tell you how many cars I've done with it. It's going to take forever to use up since it takes so little product to do an entire car.
It says takes from 24 to 48 hours to fully cure and I always give it the full 48 before applying a Caranuba.
So instead of waiting I think I'm going to pick up some Wolfgang Deep Gloss anyway. I'm impatient!

BobbyG
10-10-2011, 03:11 PM
If the surface is properly prepped and the sealant is producing stunning results then if you want to try the Wolfgang product then just order it.

24 to 48 hour cure time? I've never heard it requires 2 full days in a dry environment. What make of sealant is it?

Ryan R
10-10-2011, 03:14 PM
If the surface is properly prepped and the sealant is producing stunning results then if you want to try the Wolfgang product then just order it.

24 to 48 hour cure time? I've never heard it requires 2 full days in a dry environment. What make of sealant is it?

The results are great over a freshly prepped car. Gives it a real nice wet shine. But yea the cure time is unreal .

Am I allowed to discuss other company's/AGO competitor products on here? I wasnt sure so I decided to leave it not mentioned

dad07
10-10-2011, 03:14 PM

:iagree: Inquiring minds want to know!

LuxuryMobile
10-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Im sure that discussing a product that you are unhappy about, doesnt seem user friendly, and you acknowledge AG carries a better option is allowed to be mentioned on here!

Ryan R
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
True. I bought this STS 3000 polymer sealant from "DetailKing.com". About 2 years ago when I was new to using sealants.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/d8a4136d-5db8-9802.jpg
http://tapatalk.com/mu/d8a4136d-5dd3-b23e.jpg

truckbutt
10-10-2011, 04:46 PM

Not being a chemist, No. Without knowing what's in it, all you have to go on is what the manufacturer recommends. That kind of curing time doesn't work for me. I need to get two coats on over a weekend. The two sealants I use are M21 and BFWD.
I did a Google search on the product. It seems to be primarily used by professional detailers as it is advertised as being part of their services.

mackdaddyhibble
10-10-2011, 06:18 PM
If you just want to compare, why not buy the sample.Its worth a try for only $6.99. Ive never tryed Detail King but you wont be dissapointed with the Wolfgang,Ive got a coat on my car now

Ryan R
10-10-2011, 06:43 PM
If you just want to compare, why not buy the sample.Its worth a try for only $6.99. Ive never tryed Detail King but you wont be dissapointed with the Wolfgang,Ive got a coat on my car now

True. I've decided to go with the regular sized bottle. I'd prefer a lesser cure time