PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna

sirwaxalot
10-09-2011, 11:41 PM
I was playing around on my dads red toyota tundra yesterday trying some different combos to see what I liked best. His vehicle is a daily driver with lots of swirls and scratches so it’s a perfect test vehicle. Anyway I tried menzerna 106ff on a white pad and it left some deeper marks behind so I stepped up to an orange lake country pad and it was better but still not perfect so I went with super intensive polish on an orange pad. It worked great and left the finish looking awesome. In fact it was so awesome I tried to follow up with 85rd on a grey pad and couldn’t notice any difference. My question is how can that be on a vehicle with soft paint. How could using an orange cutting pad and SIP leave a perfect finish.

I also played around with poorboys products as well and from my testing SIP seemed to leave the best finish and it was on the tailgate which was probably the most marked up area on the truck. I'm just looking for some feedback or reassurance because this seemed very odd to me. I though ti would have to do at least another step to really bring the gloss back. Everything was done with a porter cable and I did a wipe down after and pulled the vehicle into direct sun to check my work.

I’m rather new to this so I was just plying around so any advice or guidance is appreciated.
Thanks guys.

LegacyGT
10-09-2011, 11:50 PM
You are seeing straight ... awesome thing about DAT is when you finish it down right it leaves a great finish! I love Menzerna polishes.

SonOfOC
10-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Gone through gallons of almost every polish out there, SIP and 85RD is simply the best.

Mobile detail
10-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Pf and p106 ff are prob my absolute favorite. Finsh great and produce the results you would expect from menzerna. When I use the pf with a buff n shiNe yellow I get amazing 1step results that are lsp ready, which soun,ds like this happened to you as well. As said before, if you. Break down the DAT long enough you can get fantastic results. Amazing products those menzerna have, amazing indeed

sirwaxalot
10-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks guys! Great to hear that I'm on the right track!

Bunky
10-11-2011, 06:28 PM
You may right different pad/polish combos work better on different paints so no one set formula.

Bacon
10-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Gone through gallons of almost every polish out there, SIP and 85RD is simply the best.

Very intersting....I would assume that you have a an auto detailing business? Do you have any "simply the best" go to product recommendations?

thanks! :props:

Bacon

catfish07
10-11-2011, 08:34 PM
I use only Menzerna products in my business. Its just what I have found to be the best. Hands down.

Matt
10-11-2011, 10:50 PM
I noticed that with another brand of polish (not sold here). They insisted that I finish up with their finishing polish, yet I could see absolutely no improvement, if anything the surface actually had less depth to it after I used the finishing polish.

Stumped me for a while.