PDA

View Full Version : 7336 PC reduced price?

YankeeFan
02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm seeing this in various posts where people are buying them for about $50 from Lowe's. What state or area do you live? I passed by 3 Lowe's while doing errands this weekend and visited each one but to no avail. Asked somerone in the Tool area then asked at the Service Desk. They don't even carry either the 7336 or the 7424.

Howard

Phalcon51
02-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I've been doing the same thing with the same results in the Los Angeles area. It appears that Lowe's used to stock this tool, but have now made it a non-stocked item. They were blowing out the existing stock at super low prices and they went fast. One thing you can try is to ask the clerk to check the computer for stock #51472 to see if any stores in the area show any in stock, but chances are that they're all gone by now. Still worth a try though. If you happen to find any, buy two and I'll buy one from you. :awesome: If you find one and they want more than $41.65, go to this post

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/porter-cable-7424-pad-forum/4117-score.html

print out a copy of the receipt and ask them to match the price from that store. They should do it with no problem.

klumzypinoy
02-12-2007, 04:19 AM
I should try my luck =)

supercharged
02-12-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm seeing this in various posts where people are buying them for about $50 from Lowe's. What state or area do you live? I passed by 3 Lowe's while doing errands this weekend and visited each one but to no avail. Asked somerone in the Tool area then asked at the Service Desk. They don't even carry either the 7336 or the 7424.

Howard
Keep looking at other local Lowe's stores. That reminds me to check mine.

Tex Star Detail
02-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Mine had 3 at less than 45 bucks. Went today to pick them up, and they were gone......
Oh well.....

Bigfoot
02-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I had to call and look around 10-12 stores in Ohio to be able to find mine. When I finally found it, I mapquest it, and it took me an hour from work to the store. BTW, I hate, I hate and I hate mapquest! Could've taken some shorter route...

Good luck on finding one!

Joey

YankeeFan
02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I've been doing the same thing with the same results in the Los Angeles area. It appears that Lowe's used to stock this tool, but have now made it a non-stocked item. They were blowing out the existing stock at super low prices and they went fast. One thing you can try is to ask the clerk to check the computer for stock #51472 to see if any stores in the area show any in stock, but chances are that they're all gone by now. Still worth a try though. If you happen to find any, buy two and I'll buy one from you. :awesome: If you find one and they want more than $41.65, go to this post

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/porter-cable-7424-pad-forum/4117-score.html

print out a copy of the receipt and ask them to match the price from that store. They should do it with no problem.

Thanks for the stock # as it helped. But after an hr of a sweaty ear I have come up empy. The east PA area and South NJ area do not have any, that is a lot of stores. Bummer.........Wish AG was able to reduce the price of the machine itself.

Howard

klumzypinoy
02-12-2007, 04:08 PM
No luck in San Diego area, there's only 3 Lowe's. Chula Vista, Mission Valley, and Santee. I wish I was able to get one =P