PDA

View Full Version : problem with Reload?? Maybe cuz im a noob

05rsx911
10-09-2011, 09:35 PM
hi guys, im going to start of by saying this is my first post, I usually just troll the forums and use the search button alot to find what i need, Alot of forums i have been on, Flame you for asking somethin that was answerd in the past, but here it goes. So ive Just recently this year started buying professional products from AG to detail my car. This is a hobby i am obsessed with now. After reading many reviews i purchased the entire line up of The Ultima products and love the ease of use and results. So i got intrigued by this new Carpro line. I am not brave enough to do the C.quartz but i did buy the Reload after seeing videos of how hydrophobic this stuff is. So i Give the car a wash with dawn, to strip whatever was on, I Used tar x and iron X, to try and get all the crud off, I then clayed, Layed down the UPPP, Then UPGP, i let it set over night , came out, and gave it a wipe down with FK425 , So i go to apply Reload next, i was worried due to hearing about streaking and all that. It was roughly 75 out today and low humidty, I start applying Reload, using the short nap side of my Cobra MF, it seems a lil goes a very far way, it spread out very good with a lil spray and buffed right off, No streaking or anything, got the car done and it looks fantastic, and talk About slickness, i was excited with the result, So i go to work and i go to come home, Granted now it has cooled down to lower 50's, and as im looking at my car in the light i see spots, i get up close and there all little specs everywhere even on my windshield, as if i misted a OD on and just let it dry there. i dunno if i apllied it wrong or it doesnt like bonding to the UPGP or the weather is messing with it, has anyone else had this happen. But there were absolutly no spots hours after i did, it was roughly 12 hours later i could notice the specs. i wish i could get pics but its too dark out right now

mbkite
10-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Welcome to forum
I think the re load needs to bond to the paint first..
it can also be used as a topper for c quarts.

05rsx911
10-09-2011, 10:13 PM
ahh ya i guess i see that, i had read on other forums of some people putitng it over sealants other than c.quartz, but i didnt apply UPGP to my windshield and it did the samething thing on my windshield. my windshield was clear as can be, go to jump in and drive roughly 12 hours later and it looks like i lightly misted a QD and let it dry on my winshield

05rsx911
10-09-2011, 10:30 PM
im no photographer but these are an hour or so after putting reload on, looked amazing and no streaking. ill try to get photos in morning of what it did. just seeing if anyone else had this happen

CEE DOG
10-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Hi 05rsx, Welcome to Autogeek!

Looks like you have great taste in products! Ultima has been my favorite line for a long time and soon after CarPro bust onto the scene I got hooked on many of their products as well. I've recently been using the Reload so I might be able to help.

You are right about it not being able to bond with the UPGP properly or any other polymer sealant but I am almost positive that has nothing to do with the specs you are seeing. I think all you would find is that the Reload woudln't last very long. I look forward to the pictures.

Btw, don't be afraid of the CQuartz. It does not make high spots. You just buff it back off after 30 minutes basically. The only thing you have to do is get it very clean in the prep step so you can get the full durability.

If you decide to try the Reload by itself and you strip the polymers off. Then when you reapply Reload I am learning that if using it as a standalone product you may need to use more product if you want good durability.

If you decide to go with the UPGP and no reload then do 2-3 layers of UPGP.

silverfox
10-10-2011, 04:45 AM
Over rated in my opinion. One of several products I'm sorry to say was a huge disappointment. Doesn't last nearly as long as advertised and unless the humidity and temps are favorable it's a PIA.

Avi@CarPro
10-10-2011, 09:43 AM
I didnt understand the whole things you did and layered..
i think you mixing too many products here.
its nothing to concern the weather, Reload is not cquartz diluted.
i think you have something under there which reload dont react well. please post close pics to see.
QD has water, alcohol and gloss enhancers in them, mostly silicone polymers,another possibility is that it didnt hybrid with reload.

and Cee Dog, reload endure 3 months! , you will see that in your testings. just apply it well and sufficient.

05rsx911
10-10-2011, 12:22 PM
I would like to say thx for the welcome to the forums, thx for your input cee dog, your reviews are why I bought the ultima line and the carpro, I can't really get a picture of it due to I just have my camera on my phone and its not focusing well, I can tell you it buffed right off with no problems this morning, im guessing it was overspray while applying it cuz it was mainly the hood of the car, and I was just flippin cuz im so picky with cars and I want the paint gleeming. As far as the durability of it being over UPGP we will see, other than that, being as novice I would say the reload is very simple to use. The shine is amazing on it, and the water beading of it is awesome

CEE DOG
10-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks so much for the kind words. :) Its a pleasure to have you here and good to hear you found the culprit as well. Im the MAN