PDA

View Full Version : Gave DG 501/105/601 a second try-Glad I did!

RPPM
10-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

Last month I mixed 4 parts DG 501 with 1 part 601, and applied to my wife's company car for a test run. I followed up that application with 4 parts DG 105 with 1 part 601. I used an LC white CCS pad-5" with my G110V2 at speed 4 for the the 501/601, and a dark grey CCS pad-5" at speed 3 for the 105/601. I finished up with Collinite 476 on 4" LC CCS blue pad. It did work, and cleaned effectively, but I came away less than impressed with the DG products. They were harder to wipe off, and more time consuming to mix, apply, etc.

This past Thursday I "winterized" my True Red Mazda 3 for the upcoming 6 months. This car was corrected in July with Meguiars DA Micro Fiber correction, and topped with Collinite 476. I wanted to give the DG products another shot, and this time it turned out beautifully!! Some changes I made may have contributed to it:

This time I used Meguiars self cleaning bottles, and shook them vigorously to mix them. For the 501/601 combo, I used an LC Green pad-5" on speed 3. I also primed the pad with Pad Conditioner. What a great product combination. I worked it into the paint until it almost disappeared, allowed the entire car to haze and removed. I was very careful to use less product. I think the "mix" was better as the shaking did a better job of mixing than stirring them in a plastic cup did.

I did the same with the 105/601, except used a dark grey pad, and obviously a 2nd self cleaning dispensing bottle.

The next day, I repeated the process on my Pitch Black Ford Focus. Same stunning results.

Followed up with 845, and wow, what a finish on the car. I feel the DG combinations finished with the 845 are perfect for our daily drivers. $40 total for the 4 products, and they should easily last the next 6 months with great looks and protection! :xyxthumbs:

pfix
10-09-2011, 01:21 PM
That is a great combo and should last you through the winter, it does for me.

DG products do not get enough attention/recognition in my opinion.

sal329
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
501/601 has become my favorite. When you applied you allowed it to haze? I usually buff after each panel, when I tried to allow the haze I could not remove the combo and had to apply DG Beta polish

RPPM
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
sal329,

That is the problem I had the 1st time I used it. This time, no such issues.

dad07
10-09-2011, 10:07 PM
A Killer combo ( as Richy would say) Love the results of this combo....and you will get more than six months protection...on a daily driver outside 24/7!

brawl
10-10-2011, 04:21 AM
The 601/105 mixture on my car looks darker and better after a few days. I like how the metallic bits pop with it. It's been holding its own against the rain and heat.I was able to apply three layers from a 25 ml mixture. I will definitely use the Duragloss threesome next rainy (typhoon) season. Next week, I will try putting 845 over it.

rwright
10-10-2011, 04:29 AM
I'm glad this worked out for you. I hate nothing more than using products only to have them not work or not provide great results. While it may be more work than applying something like WG DGPS or Menzerna Power Lock, I find it to deliver stellar results as well. I think what I like the most is how paint takes on a silky feeling the next day when using only DG products.