PDA

View Full Version : BFWD over Nxt 2.0

flektone
10-09-2011, 10:45 AM
From a technical point does this seem doable? Ive always loved the look and ease of application of Nxt but of course we all know the poor durability. So i was wondering since nxt has mild cleaners and filling capabilities if I could put that down first. Then apply BFWD since that seems to have the durability? Maybe that will prolong the nxt? Does BF have any cleaning agents that will remove the nxt? Can you put a sealant over a sealant? Or am I just going around in circles here?

snowking724
10-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Have you used the BFWD yet? Something tells me it will look just as good as the NXT if used as a stand alone.

flektone
10-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Have you used the BFWD yet? Something tells me it will look just as good as the NXT if used as a stand alone.

yeah twice. Once over autoglym SRP, then once just buy itself on my dads car. Both times I was really unhappy with the look. Especially on my car after the SRP. My dad also said it didnt seem to last that long. That after a couple washes it didnt seem like there was any shine left. But all reviews ive ever read on the product people love it. Maybe I was applying to much because I also noticed alot of smudging. So im willing to give it another shot. I just did a test area on my side view mirror. Looks good but I want to bring it out in the sun later.

snowking724
10-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Thin is the way with all LSP's. Not sure if that would affect durability though, just removal is more difficult mostly. What are you, your dad, washing with and at what dillution?

snowking724
10-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Sorry, to answer your original question, both products you listed are actually sealants. No need to layer since bonding of the two prob won't happen.

Robert8194
10-09-2011, 03:37 PM
If the surface is properly prepared including claying, polishing and a pre-wax cleaner, I can't imagine being unhappy with BFWD by itself. I did my car yesterday and it looks amazing. I would not try it over anything. Just my 2cents.

truckbutt
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
First: Any sealant is only going to look as good as the prep work you do before applying it. If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.
Second: If you want your sealant to look and have the durability it's designed to have, you need a surface free of contaminants, wax, and any other sealant. I do a wipedown with Klean Strip-Pep All before applying BFWD.
Third: If you want the warmth of a carnauba, you can apply a wax to BFWD after it has fully cured. I usually do two coats of BFWD 24 hours apart, then apply either Midnight Sun or Collinite #845, another 24 hours after the second coat of BFWD.

This is after: M205, P085RD, Prep All wipe down, BFWDx2, Collinite #845
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/GS0F8874thb.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/GS0F8867thb.JPG