PDA

View Full Version : Some personal product reviews

Whitethunder46
02-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Well I got a large shipment of new chemicals in last week and was able to use most of them over the last few days.

I've previously had the XMT polishing line-up, but wanted something with more bite than XMT 3 for some deep scratches on my Stang. Optimum Compound has been working FABULOUSLY! This stuff is great, really took out the swirls/scratches without a problem with a yellow cutting pad. Downfall... left a good amount of marring. Really had to work in the XMT 1 with orange Edge pad to get everything out. The temperature was only 30 or so in the garage so this may of played a good effect on the polish.

Megs wheel brightener. Dang, I love this stuff. Great wheel cleaner, glad I bought it.

Silicone Free Dressing. Leaves a nice shine, spreads very easily, still holding on the durability.

DP's Krystal Glass Cleaner. Basically what I expected, very easy to leave streak free. Not that strong of a cleaner though, I think XMT's glass cleaner I used previously cleaned better but really can't be used in the sun.

DP's 4:1. Works GREAT at a rinseless wash. Felt very comfortable with an ounce of 4:1 in a gallon of water. Cleaned my vehicle and a friend's vehicle with ease.

Guzzlers... If you don't have one yet, GET ONE! (I have one of each size)

Megs Body Solvent. Very oily, but damn if it won't get that grime, tar, gunk out from your wheel wells or front bumper. Very pleasant to work with and good odor.

Optimum interior dressing. Very matte finish. Wiped on with a MF pad and let sit, really absorbed into the vinyl for a very natural finsih.

APC+, good cleaning ability for dirt and smeard on interior parts even at 10:1.

Megs Leather Cleaner/conditioner and Pinnacle's leather conditioner. I like the smell of Megs better, and the feel of Pinnacle's better. Both left what to me looked like an identical finish, extremely matte and original. Megs leather conditioner/cleaner is like $25 for a gallon or Pinnacle's is $30 for 16 oz. Visually, not a big differences, but you can tell when you feel the leather. I'm using megs as my main conditioner and as an option customer's can upgrade to Pinnacle's conditioner.

Still trying to decide on a degreaser for tires and engines. I'm thinking Megs Super Degreaser.

Nuke33
02-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Nice little write up

Surfer
02-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Be careful with Megs Wheel Brightener, that is some strong sh!t that can damage some wheels.

I love Opitmum Protectant Plus, works great on leather/vinyl/trim etc, and yeh, I love how it absorbs dry to the touch, perfect matte finish. Excellent product.

Whitethunder46
02-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Be careful with Megs Wheel Brightener, that is some strong sh!t that can damage some wheels.

I love Opitmum Protectant Plus, works great on leather/vinyl/trim etc, and yeh, I love how it absorbs dry to the touch, perfect matte finish. Excellent product.

I'm going to order some DP's Gel wheel cleaner for the more "delicate" wheels. I know it's pretty strong, but Justin says he's never ran into a problem..... yet. haha.