PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country Grout Sponge does not mar?

Pages : [1] 2 3

rivaladversary
10-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I've been using the Cobra Bone for a while now but recently tried the Lake Country Grout Sponge. I feel that it is very hard compared to the Bone and I hear rubbing sounds when I wash my car. It doesn't seem to mar paint but I'm just curious if the rubbing sound is common...

VISITOR
10-08-2011, 04:04 PM
bought a few of these when they first came out and used one a few times before giving it away and trading the other one (didn't care for it). i prefer the lowes proline or home depot GS instead...

DetailedByPrecision
10-08-2011, 04:09 PM
interesting in knowing more about this. I have two on my wishlist order and I would like to know if indeed does this product create marring or not before I order.

dougaross
10-08-2011, 04:17 PM
bought a few of these when they first came out and used one a few times before giving it away and trading the other one (didn't care for it). i prefer the lowes proline or home depot GS instead...

Personally I prefer LC. However, I use also Lowes. I score the surface of the grout sponge into little squares (like LC) with a utility knife and metal rule. Really works great. somebody suggested this in a thread awhile ago. Don't remember who to credit.

Flash Gordon
10-08-2011, 06:48 PM
What is the reason for using a grout sponge?

DJ Richard
10-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I did the same thing and cut squares into the sponge I got at home depot. I like it because it doesnt hold any dirt after pulling it out of the rinse bucket. I haven't noticed any marring on my silver car but didn't hear any rubbing sound either.

DJ Richard
10-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Sorry, double post.

dougaross
10-08-2011, 08:33 PM
What is the reason for using a grout sponge?

much cheaper

Flash Gordon
10-08-2011, 08:34 PM
much cheaper

much cheaper then what?

dougaross
10-08-2011, 08:37 PM
much cheaper then what?
Sorry. Lake Country Blue sponge

Flash Gordon
10-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Sorry. Lake Country Blue sponge

okay, thanks Doug, but what I was really trying to ask is what are you guys using a grout sponge for, to wash your cars? Remove bugs?

dougaross
10-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh! I use mine for wash, especially rinseless. I use opti-mit for horizontal surfaces.

I have a lambs wool mitt that I use only occasionally now. The sponges are easier to maintain and they release dirt really well.

Flash Gordon
10-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh! I use mine for wash, especially rinseless. I use opti-mit for horizontal surfaces.

I have a lambs wool mitt that I use only occasionally now. The sponges are easier to maintain and they release dirt really well.

Okay, thanks Doug. I'll have to try these sometime :props:

fredcandetail
10-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Lowes proline is softer than the opti mitt and definitely a WIN
I too cut squares and it holds and releases dirt eay

Flash Gordon
10-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Lowes proline is softer than the opti mitt and definitely a WIN
I too cut squares and it holds and releases dirt eay

What department are they (proline) in (lowes) ?