PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Roll Off as a wash

Ryan R
10-08-2011, 11:37 AM
So of course with my luck Im out of car wash and the only Dawn detergent we have is this hand renewal stuff.
I have two options...
purple power or amazing roll off
Anyone use ARO as a wash ever?

Ryan R
10-08-2011, 11:41 AM
The car is getting clayed (Mothers),polished (m105) and waxed (C 845) so no worries of LSP removal

pfix
10-08-2011, 12:00 PM
If your not trying to remove the old LSP, why the need for dawn or an APC wash?

opie_7afe
10-08-2011, 12:11 PM
he said no worries of removing lsp as he is polishing, you can use the dawn hand renewal it should be fine, it just has some moisturizers in it to help with your hands, i wouldnt use purple power or the ARO as a wash. and how are you applying m105? im going to suggest you have a 95% chance of needing to use 205 after the m105 as it is meguiars heaviest cutting compound and does leave some compounding micromarring. good luck

Ryan R
10-08-2011, 12:14 PM
he said no worries of removing lsp as he is polishing, you can use the dawn hand renewal it should be fine, it just has some moisturizers in it to help with your hands, i wouldnt use purple power or the ARO as a wash. and how are you applying m105? im going to suggest you have a 95% chance of needing to use 205 after the m105 as it is meguiars heaviest cutting compound and does leave some compounding micromarring. good luck

Aah typo. I meant the 205 for the polishing
I went with the Dawn anyway. Did the trick

Ryan R
10-08-2011, 12:18 PM
And as for applying I'm only using a white 5.5 Flat LC pad on the PC
Its the cars second wax so just needs minor swirl correction

pfix
10-08-2011, 12:19 PM

Exactly. Then why do need to wash with Dawn or an APC if your not trying to strip the paint?

Use your regular wash soap and then clay, polish, IPA wipe down to remove polishing oils followed by the 845.

Ryan R
10-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I asked this question because as stated in the op I ran out of my regular wash

oldmodman
10-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I used my ARO on a very dirty Toyota this week. I wanted to remove everything that was on the paint surface. It had grease, sap, bird bombs, you name it!
The ARO got everything off except for the sap, and some turpentine got rid of them. After the ARO the finish was quite dull.
But the paint finished up very nicely. And the ARO really got the tires clean!

Ryan R
10-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Cool. I like it on the tires and wheel wells so far.
I'm in the process of cloying now.
My sister parks under trees at school so I'm having a hell of a time picking up them black sap droppings and claying
http://tapatalk.com/mu/d8a4136d-9480-fcba.jpg

JonMiles
10-08-2011, 03:05 PM
So of course with my luck Im out of car wash and the only Dawn detergent we have is this hand renewal stuff.
I have two options...
purple power or amazing roll off
Anyone use ARO as a wash ever?

Almost every convenience store will have dawn ultra (the blue one). Why not just run up with 2 dollars and pick some up for lsp stripping before polishing?

DaHen
10-08-2011, 03:24 PM
:iagree:

Ryan R
10-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Almost every convenience store will have dawn ultra (the blue one). Why not just run up with 2 dollars and pick some up for lsp stripping before polishing?

Eh... Was just trying to avoid the Saturday traffic just for some dish soap lol (and a little bit of lazy)
But the hand renewal or whatever it's called did just fine

pfix
10-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I asked this question because as stated in the op I ran out of my regular wash

Sorry, apparently speed reading is not one of my strong points.

Ryan R
10-08-2011, 03:48 PM
lol not a problem