PDA

View Full Version : Which wash mitt is best for washing?

Pages : [1] 2

NewXJ
10-08-2011, 09:58 AM
whats your opinion on which wash mitt is best for washing vehicle?

loudog2
10-08-2011, 10:28 AM
just don't get the cobra micro-chenile mitts. The inside start to fall apart fast. They say not to wash them in the washer becasue they will fall apart. I just can't wash a dirty car, rinse the mitt and use it again thinking it is free of debri.

rider9195
10-08-2011, 10:41 AM
The Cobra Chenille MF mitts do start to fall apart after a while, but are a good wash mitt. I really like the Cobra Bone. Look at the LC Blue sponge as well.

Bunky
10-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I had ordered from mf mitts from PAC and they seemed to be holding up better than some I got from PakShak.

Jimmie
10-08-2011, 11:04 AM
The ShMitt, hands down (pun intended).

pfix
10-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Picked up a sheepskin and a MF wash mitt at Advance Auto last year and they have both held up very well. I would definitely buy them again.

My favorite is the Dodo Wookies Fist. Expensive, but I really like using it and it still looks brand new after over a year.

The Opti Mitt for ONR washes is another one I will definitely buy again.

timaishu
10-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Blue chenille mit from wal fart.

Ive been using mine for about 4-5 months with no marring.

AND I machine wash it after evey use and its not falling apart. Looks the same as the day I bought it.

tw33k2514
10-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Blue chenille mit from wal fart.

Ive been using mine for about 4-5 months with no marring.

AND I machine wash it after evey use and its not falling apart. Looks the same as the day I bought it.

Been using the same one for about a year, and have no desire to find anything else.

11camryse
10-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Been using the same one for about a year, and have no desire to find anything else.

What he said, and the guy above him. Wold awesome and holds up good after washing in washing machine 5+ times now.

CEE DOG
10-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Depends on how dirty the car is and your preference. Everyone has a favorite.

If you take care of your car this mitt is the best I've used. After years of using mf chenille I tried this beauty and just love it for my Sky. It's all I use for her.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/38573-review-carpro-wool-wash-mitt.html

Now, for cars that are real dirty and haven't been washed in awhile I use my mf chenille wash mitt. I have 2 of the cobras that are over two years old and work great still. Warning, Loudog is absoluctelt correct about the inside falling apart and on mine the elastic wrist bands hardened up and cracked fast... BUT, I took a razor and cut the inside nasty material out before it could really deteriorate at all and I cut the wristband off at the stitches. Now they work great and are very easy to take in and off. I don't know if they are the same now as the ones I bought a few years ago.

If you take care of your car and garage it or wash it weekly get the one in that review!!

Flash Gordon
10-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Cobra Cotton Chenille Wash Mitt 3 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/picochwami3p.html) :props:

big tyme
10-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Chenille for me.

onlycodered
10-08-2011, 11:46 PM
I've used microfiber mitts and sheepskin mitts and I never really liked either. I recently picked up the Lake Country ULTI-MIT foam mitt when it was BOGO and I couldn't be happier! I'll be sticking with foam mitts from now on.

silverfox
10-09-2011, 06:14 AM
A thread about wash mitts is like a thread about religion, politics, or car wax so take everything said here with a truck load of salt including my reply. I will never use any wash media that I cant easily flip over (without being a contorsionist) to use both sides. I wouldn't pay $25-$35 to use one side even if it made from Marylyn Monroe's hair. That eliminates all mitts as far as I'm concerned so it's onto pads for me specifically 9-10" sizes.

I will also not use anything that can't be used for both rinseless and conventional washes as I don't need 14 different pads for every condition and it Also has to work in both 30 degrees and 90 degrees. It also has to last years not weeks. My pad of 5 years still looks like new, never scratches, cleans easily, and dries with 4 hard whips of the pad. I use an Adams synthetic wool pad. Softer than real wool , cleans easier, and no I'm not an Adams fan except for this. I also like to use the yellow Uber wash sponge from Phil at detailer's domain for second passes using ONR in the winter.

cutter
10-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Well after John's post I hate to say this...I use a sheepskin mitt as my go to...I have

several MF Chenille that I haven't used due to many responses posted on the Forum,

but from reading this I will give them a try!!!:xyxthumbs:

I also have the Wookie's Fist that I have used on occasion, it holds a tremdous amount

of wash media but takes a long time to dry after using it.