PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Washing

mjlinane
10-07-2011, 05:32 PM
They just imposed Stage 3 Water Restrictions (i.e., no watering, no - even commercial - car washing) here in Round Rock so will get to be fully immersed in the waterless washing experience. Have used several before, mostly on wheels and door jambs, but rarely on the outside paint.

Have decided to go with Ultima WW+ and am hoping for the best until I can go back to normal or even rinseless washing. First try seemed to go well.

flyinion
10-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Doh @ restrictions. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with those. Glad to hear the UWW+ worked well. I know a lot of people around here like it, and I think I'm going to end up with some as my last purchase of the year later on in a couple months. I have a good rinseless, but being able to wash in the garage without trashing the floor with a rinseless would be nice.

drisaudi
10-07-2011, 06:25 PM
I tried the Ultima and the optimum. Both very good. I was hesitant and I have to tell you if the car is not extremely dirty it is great. I still prefer the hose and the ONR but in between washes when time is limited I like the waterless alot. make sure your MF is clean and turn it alot.

Bunky
10-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I would get some bulk water from the grocery store and do a rinseless wash with ONR. That is not violating any laws. However, I am surprised even commercial washing is banned. Usually, the car wash lobby has the local rulemakers that homeowners waste thousand of gallons and they do not and still get to operate in severe drought since they are a business.

Twister
10-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't like the waterless wash process I just think it's too risky to scratch paint. I think rinseless wash is much safer. You don't need much so getting some from the store shouldn't be too expensive

Here in Arlington we don't have restrictions like you have. We Can only water twice a week but washing cars isn't prohibited. My understanding is all commercial wash business aren't under restrictions

david79z28
10-07-2011, 06:53 PM
We aren't under that severe of a restriction up here yet. I use ONR anyway. It works great...

mjlinane
10-07-2011, 07:34 PM
We were under the 2/wk restrictions until today. These new ones are due to a mechanical breakdown and should only be in place for a couple of weeks.

Thought about doing a rinseless after today's light sprinkle but as this is "Emergency"-level restrictions and the UWW+ arrived yesterday, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'd suspected this day would come but didn't expect it so soon.

mjlinane
10-07-2011, 07:37 PM
I've been doing rinseless washes since before the first restrictions were in place. Really like ONR and DP RW&G.