PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Interior

CAMAROZL1
10-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Hey guys we bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze and few days prior, I also completed my order with AG. I bought mostly WG since it was a great deal with the 20% off added into it. My question is I have never worked with an interior with this kind of plastics ( I think they are plastics) Will the WG vinyl and rubber protection work well on this interior or should I look at something else?

rwright
10-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I haven't used the WG offerings but our Regal has some similar plastics and all I used was Meg's Quick Interior Detailer. I think the new stuff cleans up better than some of the stuff from the recent decade, maybe I'm just crazy though. I can't see a problem with the WG stuff but as the old saying goes, make sure to do a test spot!

alko
10-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I have somewhat similar silver plastic in my Acura. I would just use a damp MF cloth to wipe down the silver and glossy black parts.

DLB
10-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I have somewhat similar silver plastic in my Acura. I would just use a damp MF cloth to wipe down the silver and glossy black parts.I agree with this. Although there are legitimate reasons to use a protectant, in my case I just keep it clean.

DLB

CAMAROZL1
10-07-2011, 01:06 PM
thanks guys for the suggestions I'm looking forward to detailing the car

Matt S.
10-07-2011, 01:27 PM
I agree with this. Although there are legitimate reasons to use a protectant, in my case I just keep it clean.

DLB

+1 a product like DP Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate works very well too.

CAMAROZL1
10-07-2011, 01:46 PM
+1 a product like DP Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate works very well too.

how would I use waterless auto wash on the interior?

C. Charles Hahn
10-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I haven't used the WG offerings but our Regal has some similar plastics and all I used was Meg's Quick Interior Detailer.

Yep, realistically that's all those materials need, just a bit of UV protection. QID and 1Z CP are both excellent choices in that regard.

Matt S.
10-07-2011, 01:52 PM
how would I use waterless auto wash on the interior?

I meant on the hard plastic surfaces.

CAMAROZL1
10-07-2011, 05:58 PM
I meant on the hard plastic surfaces.

My apologize, understand you mean the hard plastic but, would I use it on the interior plastic as well?