PDA

View Full Version : List of known good combos.

HFDFyreFytr
10-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I am just looking to make mine and every other new guys life easier on this one. It seems that there are a bunch of different combos that work well with different manufacturers paints/clear coats. Wouldn't it be great if we could compile a list of these, kinda like the list of rubbing compounds we have from mildest to wildest.

For instance: Chevy 2007 truck Black, CCS orange with Menz SIP followed by CCS black with Menz 85RD. takes care of everything but the rids and leaves a deep glossy shine.

Just a suggestion. Would probably eliminate a lot of posts that are repeated a bit as well... :)

TLMitchell
10-07-2011, 03:29 PM
It seems that there are a bunch of different combos that work well with different manufacturers paints/clear coats. Wouldn't it be great if we could compile a list of these, kinda like the list of rubbing compounds we have from mildest to wildest.

That would be excellent, as would a database indicating what vehicles have soft clearcoats or hard or somewhere in between. Believe me, it's been suggested. Unfortunately, you can sometimes take two seemingly identical cars of the same year, make, model and color and find two completely different results with how the paint reponds to the same products and methods.

A test spot on whatever your working on aimed towards the specific results you're looking for is the only reliable way.

TL