PDA

View Full Version : AutoGeek on Twitter

G6er18
10-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Has anyone else that is following autogeek on twitter received a private message from autogeek saying they found a bad review of them on a blog and a link was included?

Setec Astronomy
10-07-2011, 08:29 AM
And what was the point of the PM?

BobbyG
10-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Post the link so we all can read it or PM me the link and I'll read it...

LuxuryMobile
10-07-2011, 09:14 AM
I follow them on twitter and didn't receive any private messages from them.

Mike@DistinctImage
10-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey guys I experienced this yesterday.

This is a Twitter spam/phishing trap. A direct message will be sent to you saying "I saw a real bad blog about you, you seen this? 'LINK'" Please do not follow the link and sign in to Twitter. It will look like Twitter but the address link is not actually Twitter.com.

Please let everyone you know that is on Twitter about this. For more info check out this article"

Twitter: I saw a real bad blog about you, you seen this? | AVG (AU/NZ) Blog (http://resources.avg.com.au/social_networks/twitter-i-saw-a-real-bad-blog-about-you-you-seen-this/)

Hope this helps!

BobbyG
10-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Great information and post! :props:

Mike Phillips
10-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Great detective work!

Thank you so much for investigating and then posting a follow-up in this thread.

When I first read this thread it didn't make sense and AG doesn't have a history of what was suggested by the OP.

Too bad there's always a few bad guys in the world to ruin all the fun for the rest of us....

:)

Mike@DistinctImage
10-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks guys :)

At first when I got this direct message I immediately tried to login to my Twitter as I thought someone was talking negatively about my part-time detailing business (it came from my business Twitter account). I was relieved when I saw the address line (I was browsing on my mobile) and realised the phishing. Scary stuff! Pity that great services like Twitter are now falling prey to spam and phishing.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

G6er18
10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Thank you very much for finding that information out. I apologize if what I originally said wasnt very clear. It was typed in a hurry. It is such a shame that there are the few people out there that always try to ruin things.