PDA

View Full Version : Boats and Cars and autogeek products

ProMoDe
10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
It's been a busy detailing week for me in the Palmetto State, which is great! What's even better is I had the opportunity to use a lot of the products that have been arriving, what feels like, weekly.

Monday and Tuesday: Nitro 22 foot bass boat.
Guys, this boat was completely trashed,mildewed and oxidized. it's been fished hard and left out in the sun for years.

New to me products used:
Amazing roll off
Cyclo polisher
Collinite 920 w/ yellow cyclo pads
Collinite 925 w/ green cyclo pads

ARO: this stuff is a beast on mildew and will now be my #1 tire cleaner.
Collinite 920: absolutely amazing! Oxidation Crusher!! inexpensive, works incredible on a cool, shaded, gel coat.
Collinite 925: this product takes the phrase, "a little goes along way." I polished an entire 22 foot boat including the hull and only put wax on the pads 6 times.

The owner was amazed when he picked up his boat.

Wednesday: 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe. Interior Detail, outside wash.
Interior had a carry out tray of 4 large coffees spilled in the interior, leather was heavily soiled, customer is a smoker.

New to me products used:
Optimum Power Clean, new Formula.
DP's extreme foam shampoo

Ok, I've been using Meg's apc and apc plus since I stqrted detailing again in July. OPC is a game changer!! I hate to say it but my meg's apc will be going under the sink in my kitchen. OPC got leather seats cleaner than I thought was possible, made plastic spotless and also removed stains all throughout the interior with the help of my little green machine.

Customer said that the detail was, "out of this world." Thanks OPC.

Thursday: 2001 Buick Park Avenue. Full Detail.
Interior wasn't too bad, standard dirty car. Exterior was white and hasn't ever had a professional detail job.

New to me products used:
Sonax full effect
Pinnacle XMT 360

Sonax: wasn't that impressed. It didn't clean the wheel as much as I thought. Will definitely try it again on a more premium wheel.

XMT 360: smells great (wearing some now), goes on and off very easily, didn't have quite the cut i thought it would, but cleans amazingly. Once I find my xmt 360 sweet spot I will use it all the time.

accessories:
Micro restore: great stuff, I have found it works best when it soaks for about 30 minutes prior to the wash cycle
DP pad rejuvenator: I've been missing out! this stuff cleans pads like a champ!! I put a grit guard in my bucket tonight, hopefully this will keep the wax on the bottom.

Can't wait to try all the BOGO's that arrived today, and I mean all of them!! I ordered every BOGO autogeek had to offer this week among other stuff.

Big thanks to Autogeek and it's awesome staff and all the great contributing members of the forum. I would have never found so many great products without all of you!