PDA

View Full Version : Smaller, thinner LSP finnesse pad for PC? Would you like to see one offered?

dengood1
02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
I also posted this in another discussion, but figured I'd make a new thread out of it to see what the general feeling from everyone would be just in case they didn't see the other posting.

I would like to see Edge, Lake Country, or any of the pad manufacturers make a soft wax/sealant application pad for the PC. One that would be about half the thickness of a full size pad and say 4" to use with the smaller backing plate. This would greatly ease the use of a PC to apply waxes and sealants and definitely would limit the amount of product absorbed into the pad. I would definitely purchase some if available because I like using the pc to apply and buff off afterwards. Just a thought:) I see they came out with a smaller 5.5" white polishing pad for the backing plate like the 5.5" orange cutting pad. The finessing pad would even be great at that size and thickness.

Everyone, would you like to see this? Let's hear your thoughts....

Aaron.....ya listenin'?:D hint, hint...

trl2112
02-11-2007, 10:31 AM
They have just been released... I have the white pad and use it for LSP application it work GREAT!

Cyclo DoublePrecision™ Foam Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/doubleprecision-cyclo-pads.html)

BILL
02-11-2007, 10:32 AM
I also posted this in another discussion, but figured I'd make a new thread out of it to see what the general feeling from everyone would be just in case they didn't see the other posting.

I would like to see Edge, Lake Country, or any of the pad manufacturers make a soft wax/sealant application pad for the PC. One that would be about half the thickness of a full size pad and say 4" to use with the smaller backing plate. This would greatly ease the use of a PC to apply waxes and sealants and definitely would limit the amount of product absorbed into the pad. I would definitely purchase some if available because I like using the pc to apply and buff off afterwards. Just a thought:) I see they came out with a smaller 5.5" white polishing pad for the backing plate like the 5.5" orange cutting pad. The finessing pad would even be great at that size and thickness.

Everyone, would you like to see this? Let's hear your thoughts....

Aaron.....ya listenin'?:D hint, hint...

I Think a special smaller pad for applying waxs and sealers with the P.C is a great idea...i still like applying by hand but a feasible option would be nice,most of us are turned off by the waste of to much product on regular sized pads.smaller finishing pads would cut that down considerabally.....:)

trl2112
02-11-2007, 10:36 AM
I Think a special smaller pad for applying waxs and sealers with the P.C is a great idea...i still like applying by hand but a feasible option would be nice,most of us are turned off by the waste of to much product on regular sized pads.smaller finishing pads would cut that down considerabally.....:)

Oh yes it makes application a breeze and no more hand cramps..

dengood1
02-11-2007, 10:40 AM
They have just been released... I have the white pad and use it for LSP application it work GREAT!

Cyclo DoublePrecision™ Foam Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/doubleprecision-cyclo-pads.html)

I saw those, but for some reason I was thinking Cyclo only, which I don't have. I now see they are for the Edge system too. I currently use a backing plate until I can afford the Edge 2000 system. Right now I'd rather spend 5-10 bucks rather than buying the whole Edge system just yet.

ryandamartini
02-11-2007, 11:03 AM
i use a thin 5" white pad for glaze and lsp application... im never going back.

3Dog
02-11-2007, 11:13 AM
There are 3" red velcro backed pads like you described available...use your friend mr google.

Surfer
02-11-2007, 11:25 AM
One of the pads Aaron made me last year was a custom 4" blue Edge pad that is ultra soft, I mean quite a bit softer then the 6" white which is very soft. I didn't like to apply product by machine, untill I tried it with the 4" pad. AIO, Sealant, even a nuba wax was so much quicker and easier. It absorbs the right amount of product, with a wax like NB I just let it out of the container a little, just enough to rub the pad. I could do damn near half my truck in maybe a minute or two and leave a perfect thin coat behind. Same thing for using a sealant.

Next time I'll try it with XMT Glaze, I used the 6" white pad and maybe that's why I didn't care for the XMT Glaze as it absorbed immedietley into the pad and didn't feel or seem like I was spreading any product. I know others on here had that same issue for XMT, its like water and just gets sucked up in the pads. 4" pads or just spread it manually on the panels are pry going to be the best way to use that glaze.

dengood1
02-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Nevermind guys, I see there are options available:o

just when you think of something Autogeek doesn't carry.......wrong again!

.....back to the caveman comments......I should have done my research:p

Spot Buffing 4 inch pads (http://www.autogeek.net/4inch-spot-buffs.html)

Lake Country 4 Inch Foam Pads Low Profile- Made of high quality foam, these pads have hook & loop backing all the way to the edges. The benefit of (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-counrty-pads-4-inch.html)

JSR
02-11-2007, 12:11 PM
copied from previous thread (as usual I am one step behind):
Try the 4" LC blue pads with the conditioner and limit how much product you put on the pad. If you never put a lot on it cannot absorb it and the conditioner or QD is already there.
From an absorbsion point of view a foam hand pad is little different from a machine pad. You might be putting to much pressure on the pad, making it act like a sponge. At the wax/sealant stage you should not need anything more than the weight of the PC.
I have put 10-15 coats (10 hand, 5 machine) of Souveran on my BMW and have more than half the tin left