PDA

View Full Version : OCW over Collonite 845?

Njohc
10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi,
I already have klasse Sg on my car. Im having a tough time deciding on whether to go with the 845 as a topper for winter protection or optimum car wax for its superior UV protection for my single stage paint. Is it possible to do both? Over a 3 day period, can I do one last coat of klasse, 845, then OCW? This way each product has time to cure before the other is introduced? Is there any reason it wouldn't work?
Thanks

dchristo
10-06-2011, 04:49 PM
it prolly would work, but I would put the 845 on then quit.....it looks good and last a long time, no need for anything over the 845

Italian Iron
10-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Couple of coats of 845 should get you thru a long winter and then some...

BillyJack
10-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Nothing wrong with your plans, IMO.
I did 845 in late spring on the SS paint of my Camino, then topped it a few times this summer with OCW as a booster before a show or cruise, since it's so easy to use. Still looks great.
Last winter I used 845 on my winter DD in early December and it was still beading in March after a rather tough Pittsburgh winter.

Bill

BobbyG
10-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Klasse High Gloss Sealant is a great product with a ton of durability. Topping this with a coat of Collinite 845 is a winters worth of protection.....:props:

Throughout the winter develop a plan and use a rinseless car wash like DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss. I used this faithfully last winter and was shocked at how nice this worked. Mix DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss according to the directions and mix it with warm water.

Wash, dry, then boost the protective layer of protection with a nice coat of Optimum Car Wax....:props:

Njohc
10-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys. Now is just finding a decent stretch of weather around here to get it done!

mark58
10-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Klasse High Gloss Sealant is a great product with a ton of durability. Topping this with a coat of Collinite 845 is a winters worth of protection.....:props:

Throughout the winter develop a plan and use a rinseless car wash like DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss. I used this faithfully last winter and was shocked at how nice this worked. Mix DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss according to the directions and mix it with warm water.

Wash, dry, then boost the protective layer of protection with a nice coat of Optimum Car Wax....:props:

And what do you use to get the salt from under the car? :laughing:

umi000
10-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Hi,
I already have klasse Sg on my car. Im having a tough time deciding on whether to go with the 845 as a topper for winter protection or optimum car wax for its superior UV protection for my single stage paint. Is it possible to do both? Over a 3 day period, can I do one last coat of klasse, 845, then OCW? This way each product has time to cure before the other is introduced? Is there any reason it wouldn't work?
Thanks

It'll work fine - I've had the exact same combo on my car before. What I usually do though, is just add the next product after the next wash (we don't have winter over here...). Oh, and Bobby's suggestion is a good one - it's really easy to use OCW as a booster wax. You don't even have to completely dry the car; pick up the majority of the water (or rinseless solution) using a WW, then spray OCW and wipe, both to spread the product and to completely dry the car.

BobbyG
10-07-2011, 05:43 AM
And what do you use to get the salt from under the car? :laughing:

HA! Good point though!! :laughing:

Off to the car wash to use the power washer for the undercarriage....:props:

To be honest I don't do the undercarriage too often, that's what those large puddles are for!! :laughing: