PDA

View Full Version : P1S2 Paint Cleaner> Opti-Coat 2.0

siccen
10-06-2011, 08:58 AM
As the title states I am planning on using P1S2 Paint Cleaner before I apply Opti-Coat 2.0. Is this a good cleaner to use before applying the Opti-Coat?

So basically I plan on washing, claybaring, possibly using Menzerna polish with my DA, then P1S2, and finally Opti-Coat 2.0.

Let me know what you think of this process.

Matt S.
10-06-2011, 09:18 AM
If you're using a Menzerna polish, there is no need to use P21S paint cleaner. After Menzerna, use diluted IPA and/or Optimum Power Clean to prep the finish for Opti Coat.

Setec Astronomy
10-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Sure, that's fine, but you'll need to do a cleaning step between the P21S GEPC (Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser) and the OC 2.0. Optimum Power Clean (OPC) is recommended, but whatever you use, you need a squeaky-clean, non-beading surface before you apply the OC 2.0.

EDIT: Or as Matt says, if you're using an appropriate polish, the GEPC becomes superfluous.

siccen
10-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Great, thanks for the advice guys. I think I will just pick up the Optimum Power Clean solution.

embolism
10-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Dave has done a wipedown with OPC at 20:1 then followed with a damp MF to remove any OPC residue, and then a fresh mf to dry before OC.

I'm going to be trying this method with a grand cherokee soon.

BobbyG
10-06-2011, 10:06 AM
After polishing me sure that the finish is clean and dry prior to applying Optimum's Opti-Coat 2.0.

I bought Griot's Paint Prep on a BOGO special and it works pretty well.

I haven't used the CarPro Eraser product however several have here and seem to be very impressed. Richard, rwright, posted a video not too long ago showing how he used it and the results....looks like a very good product..:props:

Griot's Paint Prep (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-paint-prep.html%3Cbr%20/%3E)

CarPro Eraser (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-eraser-ipa.html)

siccen
10-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Thank you for the added information and the links BobbyG, it's very much appreciated. The Car Pro seems to be another choice I should take into consideration.
I have read a forum members extensive right up on IPA's today and am now considering using a homemade 10% IPA solution. What are your thoughts on this? Or should I just stick to one of the aforementioned products listed.