PDA

View Full Version : DP Wheel cleaner, Glaze, and Tire Gloss...

DS Detailer
05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Alright, recently I purchased and tried all these DP products...

DP Wheel Cleaner: This stuff is really cool, you take a cool tire and wheel, get it wet, spray on a decent amount of DP wheel cleaner... Agitate with a brush... and rinse. It was that easy... If you have heavier brake dust... you may need a little more agitating.. but still amazing stuff.

I used the Metro Vac n Blow to blow dry the Wheel and tire.... Once it was dry i used the...

DP Wheel Glaze: Even cooler then the cleaner... This stuff goes on easy, kind of like a metal polish. After it dried I took it off... it needed very little buffing to enhance the shine. The rims look great. the best thing... Brake dust can't stick to it. It's like a repelant... and when you go to clean your rims next time... you can hose the dust right off. Works good on Chrome too.

DP Tire Gel Gloss stuff: Goes on a little harder then I would have liked... but the results were great. lasted about 1.5 weeks with 2 washes and 4 days of rain straight... The tires aren't shiney right now.. but they are black, like new tires and it's been 2 weeks.

Best tire/wheel products I've used. I talk about the stuff to customers at work... and we use some other brand, that is garbage.

Meghan
05-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Glad you are happy with them, DP line is a great line! I am a huge fan on the Wheel Glaze.:D

DS Detailer
05-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Glad you are happy with them, DP line is a great line! I am a huge fan on the Wheel Glaze.:D

You should have seen me when I got the WG Sealant. I went and got my mom and dad's house to use the garage. When I got it on there, I went to show them... they were like... "... Great Mike... looks good." My mom is utterly not immpressed unless It's her Jeep I clean.

ScottB
05-03-2006, 07:01 PM

Super easy to use, and great results. The DP Glaze rocks !!

cabo5150
05-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Alright, recently I purchased and tried all these DP products...

DP Wheel Cleaner: This stuff is really cool, you take a cool tire and wheel, get it wet, spray on a decent amount of DP wheel cleaner... Agitate with a brush... and rinse. It was that easy... If you have heavier brake dust... you may need a little more agitating.. but still amazing stuff.

I used the Metro Vac n Blow to blow dry the Wheel and tire.... Once it was dry i used the...

DP Wheel Glaze: Even cooler then the cleaner... This stuff goes on easy, kind of like a metal polish. After it dried I took it off... it needed very little buffing to enhance the shine. The rims look great. the best thing... Brake dust can't stick to it. It's like a repelant... and when you go to clean your rims next time... you can hose the dust right off. Works good on Chrome too.

DP Tire Gel Gloss stuff: Goes on a little harder then I would have liked... but the results were great. lasted about 1.5 weeks with 2 washes and 4 days of rain straight... The tires aren't shiney right now.. but they are black, like new tires and it's been 2 weeks.

Best tire/wheel products I've used. I talk about the stuff to customers at work... and we use some other brand, that is garbage.

I'll throw my $0.02 in:
I used the DP wheel cleaner gel (same stuff?) I was disaapointed about how it sprayed on, I could only get a stream, not a spray. Once I got some on the wheel I used the wheel brush to agitate. It worked very good on the dirt/ grime/ brake dust.
Wheel Glaze. This is the stuff that first brought me to AG. Love the smell, grapey, goes on very easy, protects forever... see my pics. I applied to my winter wheels around thanksgiving, I did not wash the wheels all winter, only occassional hose spray, no rubbing or soap. When it was finally warm enough to wash the wheels, they cleaned up effortlessly. The only drawback was, the first time I applied, it was rather cold 40° or so, It took a ton of elbow grease to get the wax off. When I did my summer wheels, it was much warmer and it removed just fine.
Tire gel. I thought this went on easy with foam pad, lasts a long time, great shine (again see gallery pics)

cabo5150
05-16-2006, 12:44 PM
added link to shiny wheel/ tire

joe.p
05-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I'll throw my $0.02 in:
I used the DP wheel cleaner gel (same stuff?) I was disaapointed about how it sprayed on, I could only get a stream, not a spray. Once I got some on the wheel I used the wheel brush to agitate. It worked very good on the dirt/ grime/ brake dust.
(again see gallery pics)
Replace the sprayer with the gray chemical sprayer.This should help fix the problem.

cabo5150
05-17-2006, 07:15 AM
Replace the sprayer with the gray chemical sprayer.This should help fix the problem.
What is the gray chemical sprayer? link?

Thanks