PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Diversity... wow

courtdale
10-05-2011, 08:39 PM
So my car is in the shop until next Tues. Meanwhile, my recent AG shipment arrives chock full of detailing goodness. Cruelty at its best. So I decide to start tinkering with the wife's car tonight as a serogate. 2006 pacifica - started with the bugs, wow, took the better part of the night. Moved on to a clay treatment, drivers side only, decided this was going to be a 50/50 car. Wow, of course still a huge amount of correction left to address, but it looked great already. Before I called it a night, I decided to hit it with some wheel cleaner. Used Meg's, just because I didn't want to use my Griot's out of selfishness.

Looked down, and was pretty surprised at the results from a simple spray on hose off. So I gave it another spray down, and this time took a quick over with a wheel brush. Amazing results. I posted wheel diversity because, with minimal effort, and a less than high end product, these wheels cam out looking great. Compared to what I had gone through with my BMW rims over the past 6 weeks, this really blew me away.

Maybe it was BMW vs chrysler rims, maybe it was prior treatments, but i was dumfounded at the difference in results compared to effort when it came to dealing with an area like this.

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Which Meg's wheel cleaner?

D.Acker
10-05-2011, 09:24 PM

I was wondering the same thing.

BobbyG
10-06-2011, 06:42 AM
I was wondering the same thing.

:iagree:One available through Autogeek or an over the counter product?

courtdale
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM

It was their "All Wheel" Cleaner. It was an OTC I grabbed a little while ago and didn't use much because I was dissapointed in the results on the BMW. I broke it out for the Pacifica because I didn't want to use up my Griots on it.