PDA

View Full Version : Recommedation required - Polish product before Klasse Twins

terentius
10-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi Folks

As Klasse AIO is less aggressive in the polish chart.

I am looking for a polish to go before KAIO and K SG application.

Objective : Light swirl removal - due to washing and drying

Subject : - Rather new paint work / car is less then 2 year old

Application : - Meguiar DA / Hand

I have Optimum Polish II in mind... Can U use before Klasse twins? Any cure time? Or should I get Optmum finsih and use Klasse twins for next application ( 6-8 weeks down the road)

Thanks
Terentius

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Sure, that's fine to use. The KAIO should prep the surface, as it's intended to. Now, if you were going to go straight from the polish to KSG, then it would be prudent to do some sort of wipedown.

terentius
10-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Sure, that's fine to use. The KAIO should prep the surface, as it's intended to. Now, if you were going to go straight from the polish to KSG, then it would be prudent to do some sort of wipedown.

Thanks!

Is there cure time between OPT polish II and KAIO application ? or I can go straight with AIO?

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Polishes don't need to cure, you can go straight to the KAIO.

Rav777
10-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks!

Is there cure time between OPT polish II and KAIO application ? or I can go straight with AIO?

Optimum Polish II is a nice product and it does not need a cure time. However, as stated above it will be a wise idea do do a wash or a wipedown to remove the polish residue. I usually do this when I prep the paint for sealant.

terentius
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks folks!

So I need not get the OPT finish since I can use the K twins! awesome!

BobbyG
10-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Optimum makes a nice polish and works very well removing surface defects. I'm not sure why you want to use Klasse All In One after the correction though. Once the polishing is complete, clean the surface and go straight to the Klasse High Gloss Sealant..