PDA

View Full Version : What Products will/Will Not damage Rubber/Plastics/Paint??

michael razor
10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Hi All,

What Products will/Will Not damage Rubber/Plastics/Paint??

What are the Products that will not Discolor Rubber/Plastic/Paint--Exterior that is??

Responses greatly appreciated.

Michael

Old Tiger
10-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Ultima Tire & Trim Guard is my go to for rubber or plastic trim. If it is painted, use what you use on paint, but I would do trim by hand vice machine.

opie_7afe
10-05-2011, 07:13 PM
what do you mean by this question? what type of products are you worried about? not to be rude or anything we just have no clue what type of product your wanting information about. are you looking for information about trim products? all purpose cleaners? degreasers? waxes? polishes? compounds? permanent paint coatings?

michael razor
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
what do you mean by this question? what type of products are you worried about? not to be rude or anything we just have no clue what type of product your wanting information about. are you looking for information about trim products? all purpose cleaners? degreasers? waxes? polishes? compounds? permanent paint coatings?

Sorry I was Vague.

I'm speaking of exterior Sealants/polisch/Cleaners to use ON THE PAINT!! Like Blackfire Wet Diamond--

I just got the kit and wanted to know how careful to Apply the BFWD glaze then Sealer. How careful to NOT get it on the Rubber parts?

Thanks again

Ryan R
10-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Can't go wrong covering it up with painters tape. Makes your job much easier

pickles
10-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Meguiar's ultimate liquid wax doesn't stain the trim.Works really well,easy to use,lasts a long time

big tyme
10-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Either tape up or just take your time with a smaller pad near the trim if using machine application. If applying by hand it will be much easier to avoid. More and more products are coming out that are so called "trim friendly" so I would just do the research and pick what you want to try. Blackfire shouldn't stain the trim but it never hurts to do a test spot. Check the reviews forum on AG, or go directly to the manufacturers site to see what info can be found. Good luck!

Alex Boyce
10-05-2011, 10:29 PM
TAPE!!!

Autogeek (website) use to have a little chart on a lot of their waxes/sealants that would say if it left behind a chalky residue or stained trim. I know there are many products out there nowadays, such as, Liquid Souveran, DGPS, UPGP.

If you wind up staining some trim usually some APC and a brush/towel to remove the stain then use a trim dressing/protectant (there are tons out there).

opie_7afe
10-05-2011, 10:37 PM
me personally if i'm buffing/polishing i tape up all trim and hard edges. but if i'm applying a wax/sealant i do not tape i will be careful and go slow on the edges near trim and im set. sometimes i do twitch though so i make a mental note of where i got stuff on the trim and remove with some all purpose cleaner :).

dtuna42
10-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Meg's Ultimate Wax Liquid & Ultimate Wax Spray does not stain, and works great (paste may also be safe, but I think is recommended to avoid trim anyway).

Mother's FX Synwax is labeled as "will not stain" (paraphrasing), but I haven't tried it yet.

Poorboy's Polish and Sealant is labeled as "will not stain trim".

I think are quite a few sealants and/or synthetic waxes available, containing no carnauba wax, that report they will not stain. Look around the autogeek.online - store - exterior - and read through the description of the products. Everyone making a product that does not stain seems to advertise that fact in their description.

Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish does not stain, and can actually be applied purposely to most trim, but it doesn't last very long.

michael razor
10-06-2011, 03:42 AM
Thanks for all the Helpful Answers Men!!! :xyxthumbs:

I just got finished with the Black Diamond sealer...Mutha-Mutha-Mutha!!! Im the MAN

I swear the Devil himself was in my Garage as My Jetblack BMW shined; in A mystic beautiful way...

The Yes Close to The Edge and Wishbone Ash probably helped though!!! :buffing:

:buffing::buffing::buffing::buffing:

Thanks for all the Help. I'll give a Play by Play tommorrow!!

Michael