PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Convertible top Care

cloewe
02-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Question

For a vinyl convertible top that is going to be outside for awhile, what would you suggest to put on to protect it? On past tops I kept them clean and spray every once in awhile with meguiars. The problem in the rain what product would reduce running? I was going to try 303 but have read that it will run and streak in the rain. Maybe Megs #40? Any other products to try?

Thanks

ScottB
02-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Ragtopp has long been known as the best in convertible top care.

Reddwarf
02-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't know if 303 will streak from the rain or not, but here is a qoute from the AG website:

Application Tip: 303 recommends cleaning the convertible top twice using a brush before applying the protectant. The surface should be as clean as possible to allow the protectant to bond properly.

303 Aerospace Protectant is recommended by leading manufacturers of vinyl tops and accessories to keep their products in like-new condition. Absolutely nothing works better to beautify and protect vinyl.

Stittville Ed
02-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I have used Ragtopp for 2 summers and it seems to hold up and have a very good look to it.

Mike T
02-11-2007, 10:36 AM
IS Ragtopp good at restoring or is it better as a maintainer?

MikeyC
02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Ragtopp has long been known as the best in convertible top care.

:iagree: Ragg Topp is the way to go! My car has a vinyl convertible top as well and it's what I use. Prior to Ragg Topp I used 303 Aerospace Protectant and it tended to wash away anytime the top got wet.