PDA

View Full Version : rotory and lsp

Ron in MO.
10-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi All

I have a question, have a rotary buffer and wounder if it could be used to spread wax like Collinite 845? I do have some experience using this thing. I read about using the DA and thought maybe I could use the rotary, that's all I have and don't want to shell out the bucks for a DA. Thanks and a great day Ron Herndon

Flash Gordon
10-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Using a rotary is going to leave holigrams

Just apply 845 by hand

Anymore questions? I'm bored and feel like talking :)

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I know lots of people like to apply LSP by machine, but to me, it's just a waste of product to get an "applicator" as big as a buffing pad saturated with product. Especially when the LSP is one as easy to apply as 845 IW.

That being said, I'm not sure the rotary would be the machine of choice for this. If you wouldn't use the DA for anything else, if the choice was between applying with the rotary, buying a DA, or applying by hand, hand wins for me.

Flash Gordon
10-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I know lots of people like to apply LSP by machine, but to me, it's just a waste of product to get an "applicator" as big as a buffing pad saturated with product. Especially when the LSP is one as easy to apply as 845 IW.

That being said, I'm not sure the rotary would be the machine of choice for this. If you wouldn't use the DA for anything else, if the choice was between applying with the rotary, buying a DA, or applying by hand, hand wins for me.

:iagree:

The :applause: wins!

Ron in MO.
10-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi

Thanks for the info.Hey Flash I to was bored, thats why I posted, waiting to go out and finish a deck staining project, and thought about the rotary, some times ya just want to get out the power toys!! I have always done LSP by hand guess I will keep doing that way. Ron

Flash Gordon
10-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi

Thanks for the info.Hey Flash I to was bored, thats why I posted, waiting to go out and finish a deck staining project, and thought about the rotary, some times ya just want to get out the power toys!! I have always done LSP by hand guess I will keep doing that way. Ron

I just got back in from removing a LOAD of posion ivy. Such a beautiful day out here

I've seen where others apply their LSP via DA, but for me, applying by hand works best

Good Luck!

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
I just got back in from removing a LOAD of posion ivy. Such a beautiful day out here

I've seen where others apply their LSP via DA, but for me, applying by hand works best

Flash, don't remove the poison ivy BY HAND...that will cause all kinds of problems.

Flash Gordon
10-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Flash, don't remove the poison ivy BY HAND...that will cause all kinds of problems.

I was all up in that stuff. I'm thinking a shower and a change of clothes might be a good idea

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I was all up in that stuff. I'm thinking a shower and a change of clothes might be a good idea

I used to work with a guy who was "all up in that stuff" all the time in his yard, and developed a tremendous allergy, so be careful. All he had to do was look at poison ivy and he would break out in hives.

Flash Gordon
10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I used to work with a guy who was "all up in that stuff" all the time in his yard, and developed a tremendous allergy, so be careful. All he had to do was look at poison ivy and he would break out in hives.

I had a terrible case of poison oak when I was around 16 or 17. I think I had it so bad I'm no longer allergic to the stuff

I just showered and changed out my clothes. Now what am I suppose to do the rest of the day?

:)

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I just showered and changed out my clothes. Now what am I suppose to do the rest of the day?

Sit around naked and wait for the wife to come home? Make snarky posts on internet forums?

Flash Gordon
10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Sit around naked and wait for the wife to come home? Make snarky posts on internet forums?

I'm not much for sitting around the house naked. I've always had a fear of being burglarized while being naked. I wouldn't wanna be fighting someone naked

The snarky posts on an internet forum sounds like fun though :)

Setec Astronomy
10-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm not much for sitting around the house naked. I've always had a fear of being burglarized while being naked. I wouldn't wanna be fighting someone naked

Well, get dressed then!

Flash Gordon
10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, get dressed then!

I'm already dressed in my customary boxer shorts and wife beater :dblthumb2:

buddhadog
10-06-2011, 03:45 AM
I'm already dressed in my customary boxer shorts and wife beater :dblthumb2:
Batman or spiderman boxers?:laughing: