PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner vs. Zymol Cleaner Wax

tsx
02-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know what is different between Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner and Zymol Cleaner Wax? Or they are for the same purpose?

Nuke33
02-10-2007, 10:04 PM
I think they would be for the same purpose

nick19
02-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Zymol's CW, is a wax with cleaning abilities. Meg's prep's the paint for wax.

Pinnacle and P21s make better "Pre-Wax" cleaners IMO.

-Nick

Jimmie
02-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Mothers Pre-Wax doesn't contain wax. I've got some and on the bottle it says prepares the finish/cleans/polishes/removes old wax.

tsx
02-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the responses. From the responses, difference is that Zymol contains wax and Mothers does not but, they both serve the same purpose.

Bence
02-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Nope. The equivalent product from Zymöl is the HD-Cleanse.

nick19
02-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the responses. From the responses, difference is that Zymol contains wax and Mothers does not but, they both serve the same purpose.

I wouldn't say so. One "preps" the paint for wax, and one is a wax with fine cleaners. "Cleaner" wax isn't worth it.

What are you trying to achieve?

5-Steps to perfect paint:

Wash
Prep
Polish
Seal
Wax

tsx
02-11-2007, 12:59 AM
I wouldn't say so. One "preps" the paint for wax, and one is a wax with fine cleaners. "Cleaner" wax isn't worth it.

What are you trying to achieve?

5-Steps to perfect paint:

Wash
Prep
Polish
Seal
Wax

Would you consider Zymol a car polish? If I remember correctly, the Zymol bottle states that it is the #1 car polish. I was confused if Zymol is considered a car polish or wax.

nick19
02-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Zymol does not make any polishes.

Polishes are the ones that are a bit more aggressive, and can remove defects and imperfections in the paint.

In all honesty, its worthless, IMO to buy $100 wax, or any wax for that matter, and not have it properly preped or polished.

-Nick :cheers:

tsx
02-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Zymol does not make any polishes.

Polishes are the ones that are a bit more aggressive, and can remove defects and imperfections in the paint.

In all honesty, its worthless, IMO to buy $100 wax, or any wax for that matter, and not have it properly preped or polished.

-Nick :cheers:

Thank you for the advice.

ScottB
02-11-2007, 09:51 AM
most lines offer a paint cleaner, which is commonly a chemical based paint cleaner without abrasives (polish). As offered above, Pinnacle and P21S make the best and are considered king of the mountain to which others strive.

The Zymol you noted is a cleaner wax type product, probably the creamy blue bottle sold as Target and other mass market retailers. This product is an AIO (All in One) and as such has some cleaners, some abrasives, and some cleaning properties. Move to a boutique product and consider Klasse AIO, Poorboys PwS (polish w/ sealant), or Optimums Opti-seal. These are the equilvents.

I might add in closing, that using a product that specializes in one area is often a better choice than a product that does all ok. Step by step is truly prepping a paint/finish properly.

Bence
02-11-2007, 09:53 AM
A compound/polish will prep the finish by removing imperfections, scratches, etc.
A pre wax cleaner cleans this prepped finish; making it squeaky clean, by removing the incidentally present polishing oils, concealing agents (fillers); and helps/promotes proper bonding. Sometimes cleanses have slight optical enhancers, even mild abrasives, but they always leave the paint squeaky clean and without protection.

Conventional one step paint cleaners (AIO, Prime, etc.) establish a protective sealant layer as well and clean the surface chemically and with the help of very mild abrasives.