PDA

View Full Version : Got a 11 black stang to do this weekend- lookin forward to removing the dealer free of charge add on lol

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
10-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Got a guy who has a new gt that has swirls all over it!
Any idea how this paint is? Hard to correct?

ShineTimeDetail
10-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm considering doing the wool pad with a compounding glaze. Of course ill start with hitting the concrete first lol with my wool pad!

IOMCAMARO
10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey it's a Mustang. It'll all buff out. Nobody will every know. :props:

331TwistedWedge
10-03-2011, 10:31 PM
im doing a new 2011 black maxima as well ... what are these dealerships doing to these new cars when they send them out? ... swirls on a new car is nuts!!!!!!!!

anyway i just ordered some optimum compound II and surbuf pads ... my plan is to follow that with some m205/orange LC foam pad ...

DealerDetailer
10-03-2011, 10:40 PM
im doing a new 2011 black maxima as well ... what are these dealerships doing to these new cars when they send them out? ... swirls on a new car is nuts!!!!!!!!

They usual run the cars through the swirl-o-matic whenever they can.:dunno:

Rav777
10-03-2011, 10:42 PM

anyway i just ordered some optimum compound II and surbuf pads ... my plan is to follow that with some m205/orange LC foam pad ...

I guess in a way they keep us detailers in business! :xyxthumbs:

You are going to like the Compound II!

331TwistedWedge
10-03-2011, 10:46 PM
I guess in a way they keep us detailers in business! :xyxthumbs:

You are going to like the Compound II!

glad to hear that ... i researched a bit, then bought it ... i used the meg 105 and a surbuf on half the hood, it worked great ... im just trying to avoid using the 105 - i absolutely hate it! ... prob the 20th time ive posted that ... it works great, but it wears me out .........

ShineTimeDetail
10-03-2011, 10:47 PM
There's s dealership right outside of my subdivision and I saw some guys washing them one day. The pressure wash the dry prob once a week or so.

truckbutt
10-04-2011, 07:37 AM
I have an 11GT. No wool pad/Surbuf needed. A polishing pad and M205 will take care of most of the swirls. You might need a light cutting pad and M105 at most. The paint corrrects very easily on these cars. They swirl back up if you look too hard at them.
Check out:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/41085-2011-black-mustang-gt-detail-blackfire-wet-diamond.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/41646-winterized-mustang-bfwd-collinite-845-a.html Post #17

05xrunner
10-04-2011, 07:56 AM
yea I dont know if the 11 is same as the 10 paint wise..but my black paint is SUPER soft. I am able to remove some decent swirls and scratches in my paint with just a HT Tangerine pad and 85RD...test out something light first and see how it does..the real pain is getting it micromarring free cause its so soft. I use Crimson HT pad and either 85RD or Sonax Nano paint Cleaner as a final polish

jreblackGT
10-05-2011, 10:49 AM
glad to hear that ... i researched a bit, then bought it ... i used the meg 105 and a surbuf on half the hood, it worked great ... im just trying to avoid using the 105 - i absolutely hate it! ... prob the 20th time ive posted that ... it works great, but it wears me out .........

Try some meg's Ultimate compound instead of the m105. I haven't used the m105 but I've seen the ultimate compound give good results on badly swirled paint when applied with a polishing pad like meg's or a LC white. As part of the consumer line it's easy to use and works pretty good by hand also.

P.S.: I recently got an '11 mustang gt also so I know you are enjoying it.

silverfox
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
When I ordered my new Camaro...part of the deal was that the dealer never touches the paint. I picked it up filthy, but that was fine by me. Best advice I could give.

ShineTimeDetail
10-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I have an 11GT. No wool pad/Surbuf needed. A polishing pad and M205 will take care of most of the swirls. You might need a light cutting pad and M105 at most. The paint corrrects very easily on these cars. They swirl back up if you look too hard at them.
Check out:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/41085-2011-black-mustang-gt-detail-blackfire-wet-diamond.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/41646-winterized-mustang-bfwd-collinite-845-a.html Post #17

Umm I'm not sure but I had a hell of a time with this car today. I used everything from ultra cut to some of my stronger polish. The firmest pad I used was a telling compressor pad....I have a real hard time pulling the wool pad out. Maybe I need to try the m105 out and get some new pads.

Any other suggestions?...maybe ill use a wool pad.

Flash Gordon
10-08-2011, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=ShineTimeDetail;551044]Umm I'm not sure but I had a hell of a time with this car today. I used everything from ultra cut to some of my stronger polish. The firmest pad I used was a telling compressor pad....I have a real hard time pulling the wool pad out. Maybe I need to try the m105 out and get some new pads.

Try 105 and a Surbuf pad before reaching for the wool

Work in small areas and when the product (105) flashes, sqirt the area with water and continue polishing

ShineTimeDetail
10-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Work in small areas and when the product (105) flashes, sqirt the area with water and continue polishing

What do you mean by flashes, Flash?