PDA

View Full Version : IRON X Smell

Gungho_15
10-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Holy crap does this stuff stink. I work for a Canadian Railway. I park at work for 11 hours a day with trains constantly going by the parking lot. lots of dust, lube oil, and rail floating around the air from the wheels of the trains grinding the metal away.

I wanted to test a spot on the rear of my car to see if there was a result. My car is dark grey. All I can say, is OMG this product stinks, and I mean super strong. you have to use it outdoors. LOL....Anyways, I wish my camera was charged, because even on the dark colour the purple popped out like something I have never seen before.

I am waiting for a geek order to show up next week, then I will detail the car and take pics of how much this stuff works, even on my dark color.

Avi@CarPro
10-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Yes , ironx does smell,
use face mask if you cant bare the smell, and latex gloves as well.
but at least you car is free from irons now...

flamed03vert
10-04-2011, 05:49 PM
It flat out works.... I'll use it outside and deal with the smell. Bettr than a foo foo smelling product that doesnt deliver.

kronos
10-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Yes, it does smell stinky. I liken it to a mild rotten eggs odor. Unfortunately on my dark blue car, I can't visually see it do its thing, but I know it's working.

LuxuryMobile
10-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Doesnt smell great by any means but the smell is worth the results.

Rei86
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM
We really need a FAQ section on the boards about things like this.

I haven't used a respirator but the labeling stating the product smells like squash flower is a lie.

FUNX650
10-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Some things I do to become somewhat de-sensitized before I use IronX:

1.) Visit a local Beauty Salon and sit by the hairdryers on "Perm Day"
2.) Clean the bathrooms at home from top to bottom with Mr. Clean Top-Job with the doors closed and the exhaust fans off
3.) Keep my vehicle's windows up, and the doors closed, while spraying my favorite blue-colored window cleaner.

^^J/K.....Some urea inspired humor, to be taken with a grain of (ammoniate) salt. :)

Note:[/U]Speaking of color-changing....{and PLEASE don't do any of the following}, but, if.....

You wanna see some really vivid colors before you're overcome by toxic fumes and possibly meet the 'Grim Reaper', then:

-Mix some Comet with SnoBowl toilet cleaner; or,
-Throw some Chlorox Bleach on top of your Mr. Clean-soaked cleaning cloths already pre-soaking in your washing machine.

In other words...[U]NEVER, EVER mix products containing ammonia(in any form) with products containing any "bleaches" (such as: sodium hypochlorite or calcium hypochlorite.

Nothing like chloramine gas to light up the day, I say.

MSDS's are quite often a man' and a woman's best friends.
Good idea, IMO, to follow IronX's as well.

:)

Bob

clintb
10-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Maybe a rotting squash flower that was pooped on and vinegar poured on top of?

It's not horrible...it's freaking dreadful smelling.

FUNX650
10-04-2011, 08:37 PM
We really need a FAQ section on the boards about things like this.

I haven't used a respirator but the labeling stating the product smells like squash flower is a lie.

When I think of squash flowers/blossoms, (and some of the 'tasty' food dishes made from them), growing up on a farm comes to mind, breathing in some of that "fresh country air".

Fresh country air inundated and mixed with the aromas of the many different farm animals' urea-filled-excretions, that is. :D

Surely that's not what the product label is referring to, or is it? :confused:

Bob

Rei86
10-05-2011, 04:43 PM
If your "fresh country air" was right next to a toxic waste plant, than sure.

H A M A D
10-06-2011, 06:02 AM
ya the smell of it killes me, cant stand it