PDA

View Full Version : Hi geeks

mwtaco
10-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi autogeeks,

2nd post. (1st post was an attempt to win the Fuzion box contest).

Started washing/cleaning my cars to take mind off things. Googled some questions I had and found autogeek forums. Wow. Been scouring the forums soaking up all the info. Using the search function, amazed at how everyone question I've come with has been addressed in this forum.

Havent done a correction. Have a relatively new silver coupe and white minivan and a 4 year old black pearl truck. Truck has some mild swirling and RIDS. Up to this point, truck cleaned by automatic carwash and towel hand dried at the local car wash. Never thought I'd clean my own cars.

Will try out my correction abilities on the truck during a winter prep detail in the upcoming weeks. Just bought, and have not yet received from AGO, a GG polisher and some LC pads; orange, white, and gray. Haven't decided what product yet. I have Poli-Seal so I may start there, though it seems that it's fairly low correcting ability. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll buy some more stuff or just run down local place and get some UP or UC (boring).

I detailed my coupe. No correction. Garage kept and already pretty clean. Baggie test: no contaminants, so no clay. Everything by hand. Here:

Wheels:
GG Wheel Cleaner
Walmart wheel brush
Opti-Seal
Wheel Wax

Tires:
Walmart wheel brush
Aerospace 303 Protectant (prefer matte look)

Car:
Menards 5 gallon bucket
2BM (homemade grit guards...BOGO Grit Gards from AGO in transit right now)
Menards MF Wash Mitt
Garden Hose with Brass Nozzle
Meguair's Gold Class Shampoo
Pinnacle Bug and Tar Sponge (nice!)
Poli-Seal
Opti-Seal
Collinite 845 x 2
Foam Applicator

Interior:
Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
303 Aerospace Protectant

Glass:
SIG Aerosol (windows never ever this clean before)

Towels:
Costco Detailer's Preference MF
Farm and Fleet MF

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC_7028.JPG

Nick McKees37
10-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

It sounds like you're on the right track to removing those swirls and RIDS. If you have any specific product questions, don't be shy! :righton:

mwtaco
10-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Thx. Love the Sho and Shine section. I'd like to contribute using my truck. Looking fwd to it. To keep it exciting, maybe I'll order a set of twins.

Bunky
10-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Welcome to AG !

Pats300zx
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Welcome to AGO !!!!

BobbyG
10-03-2011, 07:37 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online! :props:

Mike Phillips
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!