PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

NiSyam
10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Hey guys

I want to start detailing as a part time at home, im working on the website and I should be getting my business cards on tuesday.

I had two question about my packages:

a) When doing correction work, should i include a quick interior cleaning ?

Im on the fence about this because i know a quick cleaning means about 1 to 1.5hrs extra.

b) When doing exterior work should i stick to a sealant or a wax ? both ?

Thanks for your help !

IOMCAMARO
10-02-2011, 11:41 PM
A) I would definitely offer it to them as an extension to the package, but let them know that it doesn't come with it unless asked for.

B) When doing exterior work ask the customer what they want. Looks or durability. That's how I would base this question.

kronos
10-02-2011, 11:46 PM
I had two question about my packages:

a) When doing correction work, should i include a quick interior cleaning ?

Im on the fence about this because i know a quick cleaning means about 1 to 1.5hrs extra.

I wouldn't, but like Mike P. always says, under-promise and over-deliver.

b) When doing exterior work should i stick to a sealant or a wax ? both ?

Thanks for your help !

This is where it's important for you to communicate with your customer. Explain to them the pro's and con's of each and ask them which they would prefer. Let them decide, they'll appreciate it.

NiSyam
10-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the tips guys :)

For advertising purposes, how long should i tell my clients that the sealant will last for ? i use menzerna,wolfgang,etc.. I was thinking about ~ 6 months and ~ 3 for wax depending on how they take care of the car

kronos
10-03-2011, 12:59 AM
I would probably tell them 3-6 months for sealant and 3 months max for wax (realistically, I would say 2 months). The range is based on how they care for the car. Let them know if you exclusively wash it, the protection should last for the maximum amount of time.

Mobile detail
10-03-2011, 01:08 AM
I dont make garrenties on how long anything will last. My crystal ball doesn't work that well and you can't know all the factors on how they will care for the vehicle. Just tell them the different between wax and sealant in basic terms and let them decide. Jmo

NiSyam
10-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Ha!

Thanks again :)

kimtyson
10-03-2011, 05:50 AM
I dont make garrenties on how long anything will last. My crystal ball doesn't work that well and you can't know all the factors on how they will care for the vehicle. Just tell them the different between wax and sealant in basic terms and let them decide. Jmo

I agree with this, for sure. Too many factors, that you can't control, that affect longevity. If you make statements about durability then you will be expected to provide whatever you state. Or, you will have unhappy customers. Not what you want when starting a business, especially.

NiSyam
10-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I think im better off saying something like " it will last up to " depending and how they take care of the car.

weavers
10-03-2011, 10:45 AM
I try to sell most daily drivers on wash, clay, wax, interior vacuum and wipe down and also door jam wipe down. I find most owners want there car to be "clean" or to "look shinny." If the interior is a mess, they will see the outside as a mess. A guy yesterday said, "Wow my car looks brand new" That was just 3 hours of work.

If the want things like rain-x or interior protectant, wax on wheels, headlight restoration or paint correction thats more. Most owners don't want an hour long lecture explaining what each product does what. I explain the importance of regular waxing. I say get your car waxed every 3-5months or with every oil change. I use collnite 845, 3m performance finish or eagle nano wax, all of those seem to last for that duration depending on how well kept the car is. To me wax and sealants are the same, they protect the car. One is man made and the other is from a carnauba tree. The end result is the same.

Even after a year I can still see some waxes will bead. I wouldn't say the car is protected. I wouldn't guarantee, but I would say "this wax will protect your car for 3-5months" or maybe say "will last you" so many months.