PDA

View Full Version : Figures. (pad buyers remorse)

Pages : [1] 2

greg72982
10-02-2011, 10:32 PM
So with the recent AG sale I bought a bunch of Hydro tech pads. I was going to go with the CCS but I read alot of comments about how well the HT work so I figured I'd try them. Seems like ever since I placed the order there have been several threads posted about problems with the HT's. Also seems they are a pain to clean Sigh, just my luck, or perhaps maybe I just didn't do enough homework. At any rate I'm just venting, thanks for reading. :)

IOMCAMARO
10-02-2011, 10:36 PM
If used properly with common sense you will have any more problems with these pads than you would any others.

Mobile detail
10-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Behind buff and shine pads (which imo blow lake country out of the water), the ht is prob my 2nd favorite. Haven't personally had any problems with them

Type[R]+
10-02-2011, 10:40 PM
I love my hydro-tech's! Who said they were a pain to clean?

I really do feel they are better than the regular LC pads (I've got CCS and flat as well), especially the cyan one. Cuts great, finishes superb.

To clean my pads, just spray with APC and massage. Wash in a bucket of weak APC, then rinse off in a bucket of water. Spin dry with DA and you're done! Takes less than a minute per pad.

greg72982
10-02-2011, 10:41 PM
The most recent one I read was about the pad cleaning brush ruining them, and it just so happens the pad cleaning brush was also part of my order :(

Buckskincolt
10-02-2011, 11:13 PM
So with the recent AG sale I bought a bunch of Hydro tech pads. I was going to go with the CCS but I read alot of comments about how well the HT work so I figured I'd try them. Seems like ever since I placed the order there have been several threads posted about problems with the HT's. Also seems they are a pain to clean Sigh, just my luck, or perhaps maybe I just didn't do enough homework. At any rate I'm just venting, thanks for reading. :)
I personally like the HT pads over any other LC pad! I've ruined a pad or two but I have done the same with ccs and flat.

The most recent one I read was about the pad cleaning brush ruining them, and it just so
happens the pad cleaning brush was also part of my order :(
I don't touch mine with the pad cleaning brush, I clean on the fly with a Terry towel and when they get to saturated and heavy I either spray with a pad cleaner and wash when I'm done or use my gg pad washer. The important thing to remember is to never use the pad wet, (after cleaning) always let completely dry before re use. Start your project with plenty of clean dry pads and you will be very happy! iMO. No reason for remorse!

kronos
10-02-2011, 11:37 PM
They're great pads. You will not regret buying them. With proper care, they should last you for a long while. I use the same brush you bought to gently clean the face of the pads while it spins on the polisher! It has not destroyed any pads in over 2 years of doing this... yet.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Nothing like buying pads that are going to disintegrate on you. :(

The regular flat LC pads are 10 times more durable than the HT pads.

Also, the finish of the HT pads is WAY overrated, IME. Not so much on hard paint, but on soft paint......:doh:

Plus, you need to wait like 5 days for them to completely dry. If you don't, the adhesive backing will delaminate.

Hydrotech pads = FAIL

Sorry.

PPLd
10-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Behind buff and shine pads (which imo blow lake country out of the water), the ht is prob my 2nd favorite. Haven't personally had any problems with them

I am with Mobile detail on this.
Buff and Shine make very nice foam pads at a very economical price.
I suspect Cyclo pads sold at Autogeek are OEM by Buff and Shine.
They appear to be exactly the same pads to me.

From my point of view I would say foam pads are tools.
They help you to finish your job.
Just pick whatever YOU LIKE MOST.
I have Meguiar's, Lake Country, Buff and Shine foam pads.
I just pick whatever is on sale and cheapest at the moment.

FYI last month I bought 10 of 5.5 inch LC CCS pads at $43.99,
12 of 4.0 inch B&S (Cyclo) pads at $24.99.
and... at $2.499 each, the 4-inch finishing pad is replacing my yellow foam applicators for applying wax and sealants!

Elite Pro
10-03-2011, 03:55 AM
The only problems I've had with 'em was after I put a brush to 'em. :nomore:
Clean on the fly or with the pad washer & they've lasted me a long time. I pretty much use Hydrotechs & Buff & Shine the most

DLB
10-03-2011, 06:21 AM
I have quite a few HT Pads that I have beat on pretty heavily. They are my go to pad at the moment. However, they are starting to wear (which every pad does) so I am about to be in the market again. I may try something different just for the sake of something different.

I don't think they are perfect, but I have no issues with them, and they are what I always reach for.

DLB

greg72982
10-03-2011, 01:17 PM
I have Pinnacle XMT conditioner also, does this stuff really help as well as the AG description says?

I only bought two pads (two of all three colors), but there is a place around here at a local mall that sells the pads if I need more in a bind but I prefer to support AG. I have stocked up on things and am ready to do this pretty soon.

I got the 5.5 inch btw, I do have some 6.5 inch CCS that came with the PC kit, but I have six different colors lol.

Flash Gordon
10-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Nothing like buying pads that are going to disintegrate on you. :(

The regular flat LC pads are 10 times more durable than the HT pads.

Also, the finish of the HT pads is WAY overrated, IME. Not so much on hard paint, but on soft paint......:doh:

Plus, you need to wait like 5 days for them to completely dry. If you don't, the adhesive backing will delaminate.

Hydrotech pads = FAIL

Sorry.

:iagree:

Buckskincolt
10-03-2011, 08:48 PM

Hydrotech pads = FAIL

Sorry.
Guess someone forgot to tell my HT pads! I've used them right after washing with my pad washer and have not had any delimitation problems what so ever! The dry pads cut better and finish better but it hasn't been a damage issue for me at least.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-03-2011, 10:01 PM
:iagree:
:props: