PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Microfiber (530) towels?

PPLd
10-02-2011, 09:50 PM
I admit I am a car care supplies junkie. I have dozens of unopened MF towels but I always want to try new stuff...
before I buy I would like hear what your comment about the huge range of MF offered here at Autogeek.

First it is about the size,
MF towels are commonly offered in 16x16, 16x24, 25x36.
I could imagine that those huge 25x36 towels are mainly for drying purpose.
How about the smaller towels? What is the size of towels do you prefer for tasks such as wax and polish removal? Quick dusting and detailing?

This time I am thinking about the Cobra 530 (gray) 16x16:
Supreme 530 microfiber towel, buffing cloth, drying towel, detailing towel, 530 towel (http://www.autogeek.net/supreme-buff-microfiber-towel.html)
It is an expensive little towel but it LOOKS soft, plush, fluffy, every positive word for a towel.
I would mainly use it for final buffing, wax removal, spray detailers and drying. I dont use MF to do any kind of washes.

What is your comment about this towel? How would you rate the towel in:
- durability (how many uses it can last before becoming hard / lint / scratch)
- ability to absorb fluids (useful for wash and drying, but may take up too much QDs or spray wax?)
- "bite" to remove wax and polish
and how does the Cobra towel compare with other Cobra MF such as Miracle, 600, or Gold Plush towels; or even those offered by Sonus, Meguiar's, Mother's, or even CG?

All kinds of comments and suggestions are welcomed.
:props:

poko
10-03-2011, 12:41 AM
I prefer 16x16 for waxing and detailing. I have 16x24 of Cobra Deluxe 600 it is hard to use for wax and QD because it is very thick towel it means when folded to a size of hand it will be way thicker and hard to hold while in a wiping motion.
MF of 530 and 600g/m2 are heavy in larger size it is another reason i feel not comfortable to use comparing with other less weight towels.