PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get this?

RandyD
10-02-2011, 04:39 PM
A day after I put a sealant on my car (happened with a few of them) I see streaks of the sealant that need to be wiped away. The day before it was all wiped away clear. Sometimes it happens for a few days. Is this called "bleeding". Why does this happen? Could it be the sun here in south Florida causing this.

Thanks

dtuna42
10-02-2011, 06:54 PM
It sounds to me like you're describing the symptoms of applying unevenly, or too heavily. Are you applying by hand or DA? As always, pictures would be a big help for these guys to help you.

Flash Gordon
10-02-2011, 07:23 PM
A day after I put a sealant on my car (happened with a few of them) I see streaks of the sealant that need to be wiped away. The day before it was all wiped away clear. Sometimes it happens for a few days. Is this called "bleeding". Why does this happen? Could it be the sun here in south Florida causing this.

Thanks

I've always called it sweating

It sounds to me like you're describing the symptoms of applying unevenly, or too heavily. Are you applying by hand or DA? As always, pictures would be a big help for these guys to help you.

:iagree:

If the humidity is real high on the date of application I've noticed this condition is more prevelant too

rfinkle2
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM

Thanks

I could be wrong, but it sounds as if the lighting that you are looking @ the car and seeing streaks has changed from that when you were applying it.

Are the streaks the never ending type that change with the direction in which you wipe?