PDA

View Full Version : what other off the wall stuff can you do with Opti-Coat?

Pages : [1] 2

catfish07
10-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone has coated anything else besides their vehicles.. I know it's not made for other uses really but I was thinking this stuff could work for a number of things.. I thought about doing my cell phone. I have an old one I could try first. I bet it would do pretty good. I don't know.. just a thought.

DealerDetailer
10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Good question. I wonder if I can use it in my bath shower and apply it to the shower tile?

RaskyR1
10-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I know David Fermani applied it to a few things, including a phone. I applied it to a dryer during some testing. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLMitchell
10-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Good question. I wonder if I can use it in my bath shower and apply it to the shower tile?

Did my entire shower interior a couple of weeks ago... tile & grout, brightwork, clear glass enclosure, everything except the floor. Stays clean with almost no effort.

TL

Flash Gordon
10-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I Opti Coated Trouble :)

catfish07
10-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Did Trouble get polished first?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Infuse 4G using Tapatalk

BobbyG
10-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

Even though the application instructions indicates that it should not be used on windshields and I'm sort of curious why? A clean and polished windshield seems it should be an ideal surface for Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 ...

Does anyone use it on their windshield and if so what is your opinion good or bad?

IOMCAMARO
10-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Bobby I think the reasoning is so that the company doesn't get sued if something happens due to a glare issue. I know many people have used it on their windshields with great results.

Flash Gordon
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Did Trouble get polished first?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Infuse 4G using Tapatalk

You know it!!! :buffing:

From my testing, I'm only having to bathe her once every 3 years now -vs-every week. Plus her coat has an amazingly smooth, glossy finish :)

Flash Gordon
10-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Does anyone use it on their windshield and if so what is your opinion good or bad?

I've heard Opti Coating windows is a NO NO. Have you discovered something you would like to share BobbyG?

loudog2
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Can it be used on granite?

BobbyG
10-02-2011, 07:31 PM
I've heard Opti Coating windows is a NO NO. Have you discovered something you would like to share BobbyG?

HAHA, if I did I would share it believe me.

I've heard the same thing as you Philbert. It just seems like a windshield would be an ideal surface for a hard coating like Opti-Coat, sort of like Aquapel on steroids is you know what I mean...yet according to the writeup it's not...

Flash Gordon
10-02-2011, 07:46 PM
HAHA, if I did I would share it believe me.

I've heard the same thing as you Philbert. It just seems like a windshield would be an ideal surface for a hard coating like Opti-Coat, sort of like Aquapel on steroids is you know what I mean...yet according to the writeup it's not...

Might cause wiper hop is all I can figure....wiper hop BLOWS!!!

BobbyG
10-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Might cause wiper hop is all I can figure....wiper hop BLOWS!!!

Yes it does!!

See this is some of the insight I was referring to. :props:

Flash Gordon
10-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes it does!!

See this is some of the insight I was referring to. :props:

Just an unwanted added distraction wiper hop is I tell you :)