PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845

flektone
10-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Ive read alot of good things about this and for $15 you cant seem to beat it. Im looking for protection throughout the winter as im doing my final wax job until april/may. Of course the overal look of a product is important as well. Id be topping autogylm SRP with this. Do you guys think this will go over well?

Setec Astronomy
10-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Yeah, kind of a classic to top that kind of acrylic sealant with a 'nuba. The 845 has a high solvent content and perhaps a paste like 476 or 915 might have less chance of removing the sealant, but about 14 guys are going to chime in that have topped every sealant there is with 845.

I have found 845 to not last as long as 476, but 845 is a lot more fun to apply.

truckbutt
10-02-2011, 09:41 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/41646-winterized-mustang-bfwd-collinite-845-a.html

BobbyG
10-02-2011, 10:54 AM
These guys have given you some great information and Collinite 845 is a fabulous product and of the 3 the easiest to apply and remove....:props:

flektone
10-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I have no experience with collinite products. Only about a year ago I stepped out of the megiars box and started to try new products. I since tried BFWD which to my surprise I did not like. Im in love with SRP and thats my foundation after claying. I also tried HD wax and ended up being extremely pissed off on how poor the product goes on and is removed. I like the results but its not worth the effort. You shouldnt have to apply pressure to put on a wax as well as take it off. Especially on a black car. So I forgot to ask is 845 easy on and off?

rider9195
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
When applied THIN 845 is easy to wipe off. It can be used by hand, but I seem to get better coverage and thinner layers using a Porter Cable 7424XP.

May I ask what you didn't like about the Blackfire Wet Diamond?

cutter
10-02-2011, 02:17 PM
845 is very easy to apply and removal is a breeze....Apply it very, very thin....I mean

so thin, that when you don't think you have enough, you probably have too much!!!

I like this wax very much, and another great use for it is on your rims it will help keep

brake dust from building up and make removal easier!!!

Good Luck on your Project.

01GreyStangGT
10-02-2011, 10:23 PM
845 is great for winter and also for cars that sit outside 24/7.

kimtyson
10-03-2011, 06:01 AM
We all seem to like 845. It's easy to work with and seems to last a good while.

flektone
10-03-2011, 11:56 AM
thanks guys, just ordered some. ill post pics when im done

embolism
10-03-2011, 02:19 PM
845 continues to amaze me. I've never had issues taking it off even though my application methods probably leave much to be desired. Case in point, my dad came over last night as I was setting up to do an ONR wash. He says, can you wash my car too?

His car is filthy though. Blobs of tree sap everywhere, interior coated with dog hair and stinkeeeey (he has a golden retriever).

Anyhow, I did my car in 30 minutes then started on his. Vacuumed, apc wipedown, then 303 the front interior, sprayed down front seats and headliner with so2pure then started on the paint. After using mineral spirits to dissolve and remove all the sap, I spot rewashed, then rinsed and decided to put on a quick coat of 845.

Car had some water droplets on it but I wasn't bothered and just went over them with my mf applicator and 845. If anything, it helped the 845 go even further. Couple times I even squeezed the applicator sponge to get the excess water out then went straight back to applying it. Wipeoff was still easy peasy. Probably used less than .5 oz to do the entire car. I don't think I'd try that (waxing while the car is wet) with any other paste wax...