PDA

View Full Version : Help with Opti 2.0 on rims

shoeless89
10-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Hey guys, over the winter I'm going to sand down some curb rash areas and Opti-coat the wheels. So right now my plan is

Wash with APC+ and Amazing Roll Off
IronX
Wash
Clay
IPA wipe down

If anyone has any other ideas for the prep of the wheels I would greatly appreciate it.

Also what should I use to clean them come spring time? Should I just use APC+? I'm assuming a non-ph balanced wheel cleaner would greatly reduce the durability of the Opti-coat. And I actually doubt I will need a wheel cleaner. But anyway anything suggestions or tips on ANYTHING would be awesome :)

One more thing, if anyone happens to know of a product they think would be better then Opti-coat for wheels, I'm trying to figure out all my options. Thanks everyone!

BobbyG
10-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Shawn,

I think your plan is sound. Cleaning the wheels thoroughly is paramount to success. I'm not sure what the actual wheel looks like but using a fine polish to brighten up the finish my also boost the gloss.

Prep here is important because the Opti-Coat product is thin and will take on the finish characteristics of the surface its applied to.

Once you're through cleaning, polishing, and prepping give the wheel a final wipe down with something like Klean-Strip Prep-All. this will remove anything left over and once dry provide a perfect surface for the Opti-Coat to bond to.

Optimum Opti-Coat is a hard permanent coating similar to the clear on your car. Wash and treat them as you normally would with soap and water.