PDA

View Full Version : Detailfest and detail classes

Harsh
10-01-2011, 07:27 PM
What is the difference between the 101 102 classes and detailfest?

Flash Gordon
10-01-2011, 07:33 PM
102 is an advanced class that includes hands on training with wetsanding and finishing out amongst other subjects

Harsh
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Right, I know about the classes. What I am not sure on is what is detailfest all about? Is it vendors and booths and people hanging out, or is it classes and hands on type activities like the 101 and 102 classes offer?

Matt S.
10-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Right, I know about the classes. What I am not sure on is what is detailfest all about? Is it vendors and booths and people hanging out, or is it classes and hands on type activities like the 101 and 102 classes offer?

Vendors, product demos/giveaways, car show, classes, etc :xyxthumbs:

mc2hill
11-05-2011, 06:25 PM
They have had classes in the past, but they are only hour long classes with a few minutes of hands on. It is mainly for you to learn about and get the feel of a machine polisher, not to teach you how to use.

robert1955
12-01-2011, 02:45 AM
I would like to take Michael's two classes regular and advanced same weekend in Florida. but the heat kills me , I do not do too well in the heat and humidity. is the building air conditioned and what are the closest hotels near by.

Are there any other months these classes are held when the weather is much cooler?

Bob Geco
krwaxbz@yahoo,com

Harleyguy
12-01-2011, 08:07 AM
I would like to take Michael's two classes regular and advanced same weekend in Florida. but the heat kills me , I do not do too well in the heat and humidity. is the building air conditioned and what are the closest hotels near by.

Are there any other months these classes are held when the weather is much cooler?

Bob Geco
krwaxbz@yahoo,comThe classes are held in a air conditioned building .You have to email Mike directly to find out the dates for the classes .As far as close hotels and Detail Fest have a look here .
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/autogeek-s-detailfest-info/39295-detail-fest-dates-set-2012-a.html
And Here
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/autogeek-s-detailfest-info/39618-detail-fest-hotel-2012-a.html

Flash Gordon
12-01-2011, 08:37 AM

Bob Geco
krwaxbz@yahoo,com (krwaxbz@yahoo,com)

Pay for my transportation and I will train you in the comfort of your own garage :)

LegacyGT
12-01-2011, 08:49 AM
The classes are held in a air conditioned building .You have to email Mike directly to find out the dates for the classes .As far as close hotels and Detail Fest have a look here .
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/autogeek-s-detailfest-info/39295-detail-fest-dates-set-2012-a.html
And Here
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/autogeek-s-detailfest-info/39618-detail-fest-hotel-2012-a.html

The air conditioning is very good ... might even want a jacket :laughing:

Mike Phillips
12-01-2011, 09:07 AM
What is the difference between the 101 102 classes and detailfest?

There is no 101 and 102 classes at Detail Fest.

I've been doing this for years and I know from experience that people don't want to go to a "Show" and take an all day class. It doesn't work.

So we have "Mini Classes".

The full day classes are on dedicated weekends.

Also, as of this post we have not made any formal decisions as to how we're going to structure the classes for next year. Here's what we did last year...

Saturday Class 1
Flex Polishers Class with Bob Eichelberg

- Live Broadcast - Flex Polishers Class at Autogeek's 6th Annual DetailFest

Saturday Class 2
Optimum Polymer Technologies with David Ghodoussi

- Autogeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest - Optimum Class

Saturday Class 3
RaggTopp Products with Rick Goldstein

- Live Broadcast - Raggtopp Detailing Class at Autogeek's 6th Annual DetailFest

Sunday Class 1
Meguiar's Microfiber DA Correction System with Jason Rose

- Autogeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest - Meguiar's Class

Sunday Class 2
Removing Swirls using Pinnacle Polishes with Mike Phillips

- Live Broadcast - Removing Swirls with Pinnacle Polishes at Autogeek's 6th Annual DetailFest

Sunday Class 3
Pad Washing with Chris Lamb and the Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer
Motorcycle Detailing with Steve Gay from S100 and Sam Lankford from Ultima

- Live Broadcast - Pad Cleaning followed by Motorcycle Detailing - Autogeek's 6th Annual DetailFest

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Moore
01-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I have had an wonderful time at the previous Detailfest's I have attended. Even the vendor "mini-classes" were very informative. Being able to see multiple vendors debuting and demonstrating what and how on their products is always exciting and educational. Unlike the 101 and 102 classes that are all day "how-to use a machine polisher", Detailfest classes gives vendors interactive product opportunities.

I'm very interested in seeing what the acquisition of Blackfire products brings to the table this year. They are some great products. It's also a great place to put a face with a name, brand and products. Again, thanks Max for picking Blackfire up and continuing the line.

Porsche Pilot
02-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Who will be the first brave soul to click that link? Not me!!

Mike Phillips
02-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Ha ha...

He, or she or it has been taken care of...

:)

Porsche Pilot
02-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Ha ha...

He, or she or it has been taken care of...

:)

Most likely an "it". Thanks Mike!