PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Video #2

Pages : 1 [2]

Anthony Orosco
02-10-2007, 09:47 PM
whoa, didnt know you were actually a member! 600 bucks hmmm...a bit out of my budget! maybe in a few years. it looks like a handy machine. ive heard of people "steam cleaning" the engine and i never understood what they meant by that, now i get it! do you just work on porsches mainly? i checked out the gallery, some beautiful Pcars in there!

About 80% of the cars I do are Porsche.

Steam cleaning of an engine is done by, mainly, a hot water pressure washer. A steam vapor unit can also clean engines but in a much more limited way.

A steam vapor cleaner puts out about 5% water so it is steam doing the cleaning. It emulsifies dirt and grime.

Thanks,
Anthony

nick19
02-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Nick,

I was polishing with Optimum Polish and also Optimum Compound, no waxing going on. Yes some people apply waxes with a rotary but I prefer to wax by hand or orbital, like my Cyclo.

Now I have at times used a rotary to buff wax off paint but even that is overkill really.

Take care,
Anthony
I know with a PC you must work much slower, that's the only thing that caught my eye. You worked so fast. I know the rotary heats up a lot more than the PC, but I wasn't sure you could work the machine like your applying a sealant or wax.

I also thought you had to move in a certain direction. Maybe this is all PC conception... I don't know TO much about rotary's. :confused:

Thanks,

-Nick

Anthony Orosco
02-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Is this the Metabo PE 12-175? if that is the name in the US, and that steamer looks like a great tool (nice background music on the steamer vid too. he he)

Hello,

No the #12-175 is the NEW version of the Metabo I have. The Metabo I have is several years old now and last year they did an upgrade of it. The new model has a different front handle and more torque.

Anthony

Anthony Orosco
02-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I know with a PC you must work much slower, that's the only thing that caught my eye. You worked so fast. I know the rotary heats up a lot more than the PC, but I wasn't sure you could work the machine like your applying a sealant or wax.

I also thought you had to move in a certain direction. Maybe this is all PC conception... I don't know TO much about rotary's. :confused:

Thanks,

-Nick

No problem Nick,

I'll be doing a few more videos where I hope to explain in more depth some things concerning the rotary and hopefully dispell some common myths.

Anthony

nick19
02-10-2007, 09:59 PM
The new Metabo looks NICE! All for $233. My birthday is only 2 months away... :)

You can use 6" and 7.5" pads too.

Truls
02-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Jai jai jai, that metabo PE 12-175 costs almost $1000 usd here....

But thanks for the answer Anthony

nick19
02-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Jai jai jai, that metabo PE 12-175 costs almost $1000 usd here....

But thanks for the answer Anthony

Just find a store that ships internationally... shipping cant be $800.. ;)

Kelso
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
No problem Nick,

I'll be doing a few more videos where I hope to explain in more depth some things concerning the rotary and hopefully dispell some common myths.

Anthony

i personally would highly appreciate that, i have brand new rotary and edge pads for it but im terrified to do a car and too lazy to get crap body panels so far:p but soon....