PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox let me down again...

Pages : [1] 2

SeaJay's
09-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Well, after a horrible September and the horrible ending to their season. The Red Sox are now parting ways with Terry Francona.

I know not everyone is a Red Sox fan, but fan or not, you cannot say that Terry Francona isn't one of the best managers in the majors. Over the years I've questioned his decisions as a fan multiple times only to be proved wrong.

Watching him manage the sox over the past 8 years has certainly had it's ups and downs, but over all he was a great manager and I certainly will not complain with his success.

And right now he's the only manager in the majors to win his first 8 World Series games.

Just wanted to express my frustration with the Red Sox letting him go, but wish him the best of luck where ever he may end up (have a feeling it might be the White Sox). He will be sorely missed in Boston.

tkendrick
09-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Well, after a horrible September and the horrible ending to their season. The Red Sox are now parting ways with Terry Francona.

I know not everyone is a Red Sox fan, but fan or not, you cannot say that Terry Francona isn't one of the best managers in the majors. Over the years I've questioned his decisions as a fan multiple times only to be proved wrong.

Watching him manage the sox over the past 8 years has certainly had it's ups and downs, but over all he was a great manager and I certainly will not complain with his success.

And right now he's the only manager in the majors to win his first 8 World Series games.

Just wanted to express my frustration with the Red Sox letting him go, but wish him the best of luck where ever he may end up (have a feeling it might be the White Sox). He will be sorely missed in Boston.

Your team could be our Houston Astros. Feel better?

snowking724
09-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Right there with you. I see it as the perfect storm. Too many new players who weren't used to the big market team made his job very difficult. It just seemed like they were lacking the team feel, remember "Cowboy Up". We saw what this team can do when everyone's bringing their A-game but when it comes to crunch time, fizzle. Very sad to see Tito go but I hope he does well wherever he lands.

SeaJay's
09-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Your team could be our Houston Astros. Feel better?

Lol ok I feel better! Maybe Tito will end up there.

Jenn1270
09-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Better pitching is needed. I am a Rangers fan and watch the Bo Sox all the time. I love Francona and can't believe they released him as well.

cmichael258
09-30-2011, 07:25 PM
I am a Rangers fan

Greetings from Tampa Bay :poke:

Audi Rick
09-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Bye Bye Francoma...

DaHen
09-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Let the game of October begin. We will still watch them.

Jenn1270
09-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Greetings from Tampa Bay :poke:

You got the first one.....wait for the next... Hopefully I won't be :cry:

SeaJay's
10-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Better pitching is needed. I am a Rangers fan and watch the Bo Sox all the time. I love Francona and can't believe they released him as well.

I agree. Our starting rotation was a mess this year. Lackey was a huge disappointment.

Beckett, Lester, & Buckholz are the only ones I had any confidence in. Hopefully, Buckholz comes back strong next year and Lackey can snap out of whatever the hell is wrong with him. They definitely needed to pick up a better pitcher than Erik Bedard by the trade deadline.

Oh well....new manager soon to come, so I'm sure there will be some changes too.

I'll be routing for the Rangers now that the Sox are out. They were so close last year, maybe this year is the year.

bulldog shine
10-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Just about anybody could manage the Red Sox and Yankees and be winners when you have all the money. Let him mangae Kansas City and see how good of a manager he is.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Go tigers!!!!

jpegs13
10-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm a Met fan. You'll get no sympathy from me.

BobbyG
10-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey Jason,

What happened to the Red Sox in my opinion was more than meets the eye. This Red Sox team had World Series written all over it from the start but in 3 short weeks went from 1st place +9 games to pack your bags and go home...

There is always a reason for everything but in sports we like call them flukes, a bad day, bad karma, the curse etc. I think this years Red Sox imploded due to player dissension, and personality classes off the field. This could have been amongst one another and with the team leadership...

sunday joe
10-01-2011, 03:51 PM
If you're free this winter join the Toronto Maple Leaf fan club.