PDA

View Full Version : airshow!

timaishu
09-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Heading off to the Miramar Airshow tomorrow morning.

Anyone else going?

Im stoked. I got front row premium box seats so I wont have to deal with all the idiots who eventually stand up.

Woohoo!

Flash Gordon
09-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Heading off to the Miramar Airshow tomorrow morning.

Anyone else going?

Im stoked. I got front row premium box seats so I wont have to deal with all the idiots who eventually stand up.

Woohoo!

Cool deal. I went a couple of weeks ago

Take some :Picture:

Setec Astronomy
09-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Cool deal. I went a couple of weeks ago

Take some :Picture:

They have an airshow at Miramar every couple of weeks?? Shoot, and I thought I was lucky just to see an F-14 in the landing pattern...oops, I'm dating myself...they don't have F-14's anymore...

Buckskincolt
09-30-2011, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=timaishu;547212] I got front row premium box seats so I wont have to deal with all the idiots who eventually stand up.
QUOTE]

Does it really matter if someone stands up when you are looking straight up? :dunno:

Given the recent accidents at air shows .... Don't forget your helmet!:D

Have a great time!

SonOfOC
09-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Top fuel dragster, Formula 1 car and a low flying jet are definitely three machines one should hear in their lifetime.

Miramar is a great show!

Rav777
09-30-2011, 01:27 PM
I am going to try to make it this weekend as well! Hopefully the clouds steer away. Last time I went the jets had to fly lower than usual because of cloud cover.

timaishu
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Pretty much everytime for the past 5 or so years there has been cloud cover up till around 1pm. I dont get why they cant just move the show to september or something so clouds arent and issue.

Rav777
09-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah I always wondered that as well. It would of been great this month. They did move it somewhat. Wasnt it in October before?

Setec Astronomy
09-30-2011, 02:26 PM
I dont get why they cant just move the show to september or something so clouds arent and issue.

Um...because the Blue Angels are pretty much booked every weekend, that's why...Blue Angels: Show Information & Schedule (http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/show/)

timaishu
09-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Yeah I always wondered that as well. It would of been great this month. They did move it somewhat. Wasnt it in October before?

Maybe, I dont really remember.

bobble
09-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Years ago, was raised in SD my dad was stationed at Ballast Point for years sub sailor, it was much earlier in the year. Actually that was when it was a NAS not Marine Corps so maybe that's why the dates moved???